Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Weight Loss?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weight Loss?

ORIGINAL: Domin8

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

OKIEZAC
6' 0" <like i said.. im a fatty now>... I quit smoking cigs, i can do anything... just sick of being out of shape.. and i dont want to pay $600 a month for a trainer unless it comes to that.
Man we are almost a like, i have to lose up to my 180 pounds too and my weight is 221...
I started cutting back on soda pop, bread, and saturated fats, but i just stared a week ago.
people still say soda pop? whoa!

LOL,, i was thinking the same thing...

Old 04-18-2008, 04:57 PM

Sorry guys, just that i saw last night a fifty's movie...

Old 04-18-2008, 06:11 PM

first off you NEED breakfast, i usually do cottage cheese and cucumbers... yum haha. Also lots of grilled chicken is good. But basically high protien foods. When you drink try to stay away from beer and go with drinks with less carbs, such as a martini. Also the problem with drinking is that it increases your estrogen levels for a period after drinking, this will hurt you when your in the gym trying to build muscle.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:53 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cut out pop, candy, cookies, cake, ice cream, snack foods, fast food. Concentrate on whole grains, vegetables, leanmeat (chicken, fish, lean cuts of beef, etc.), nuts. If you're interested check out diets recommended for Type 2 diabetics. That and exercise brought me from 210 +/- down to 182 in 6 months. Exercise: include weight training along with aerobics. You don't have to look like Mr. Universe, justtone up. Good luck.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I know thread is titled weight loss, but honestly, you cannot achieve weight loss without hard work and controlling your intake of food actually believe 1 ounce of protein per pound of lean muscle weight and enough carbs to keep you at the edge of being into a light ketosis burn until you get your body weight down to your desired body fat content level

I receive up until about five months ago, a good workout in the course of a day while on active duty but I also in conjunction with that I work a 3/2split 4 set rep to failure did not combine this with a cardio workout. I think I get enough of that all day long. If you're unfamiliar with 3/2 split. You basically divide your body into 3 separate groups and work each section of the body. One day at a time at the end of the third day. You have achieved an entire body workout. You repeat the process, and then take a rest day for the whole body. This allows each muscle group to have at least two days of rest before you get back to it and the whole body one day off. There are several good books on this and if you are at a standstill and haven't tried it. Give it a shot. H^ll the govenator even covers it in his book. Arnold Schwarzenegger's guide and encyclopedia to modern-day bodybuilding he is one of the few that really did it old school just keep piling on the weight until you fail and that is what rep to failure is, of course. It's four sets, starting off light and working heavy and changing your routine every two weeks or so to incorporate a new exercise. That works the same set of muscles for that day I haven't heard anyone mention this but men. You've got to stretch and warm up first. You're not being a p#ssy you're just preventing a possible injury. So don't skip it. That's just my advice for what it's worth and of course, this is all useless without proper technique would rather see one set of perfectly executed exercises than a thousand incorrect ones

I'm not much on being photographed, but this is one that has been running on the forum. Under two threads for sometime, how big are you and the gym thread https://cbrforum.com/m_403728/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

[IMG]local://upfiles/16045/BA07159F916D4A34AD7DEED417531201.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-18-2008, 09:22 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Another good tip i did not see here is a simple one that i learned lifting and eating well. NO carbs within 2 hours of bed time. If your snacky have jello, or pickles, but no carbs.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 PM

Man I feel lucky. There must be a blast furnace at the bottom of my pie hole...never in my life have I fluctuated weight from fat. Even boot camp and infantry school only added a few pounds of muscle.

Kinda makes up for all the things I don't have, like health insurance[&o] oh well, better laugh at the fatties while I can...haha fatties

Old 04-20-2008, 02:04 AM

I'm a woman, and only 5 ft so it's really hard for me to lose weight and keep it off... but of all of the things that I have tried, I have learned that eating healthy (for me) is pointless unless I'm working out too... I just don't seem to lose any weight... but I am also a BIG advocate of www.sparkpeople.com it's free and soooo helpful. It has a forum on it just like this, I'm in the women biker one haha, and it gives you meal plans for the life you want to live. Just an idea, I love it.

Old 04-20-2008, 02:12 AM

Buy Arnold's Bodybuilding Encyclopedia and you're all set. Eating right and exercising comes hand in hand.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 AM

you need to vary your calories. some meals have a good amount of calories and other meals have small amounts (meaning small meals).
that will keep your metabolism going, you want to speed it up a bit to burn off fat.

also, try to have 5 small meals/snacks throughout the day.

Quick Reply: Weight Loss?