Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A week in ICU updated w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A week in ICU

heal up man, glad to hear you ok.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:17 AM
Banned

I'm happy you were in he car, this thread would have been different if you were on the bike. Get well soon.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 AM

Yeah im thankful it was my car and not the bike. I was wearing my seatbelt. I have assesed these injuries so far concussion is from air bag, left shoulder is from seat belt, spleen is from seat belt, but i have no idea about my right shoulder. Luckily the car was payed off see if i cant get me a toyota pick up beater and pay off the bike. as far as sueing i cannot prove what happened and there are no witnessess minus the lady that hit me so it all points to my fault since I was on the wrong side of the road. I wish I could remember not that I am the worlds greatest driver but I dont have problems blacking out so thats not the case, and I know I am a good enough driver to not have that happen. The only thing I can think of is cause it is a 4 lane road with a center lane for turning left or right. Is someone tried to jump in front of me and didnt have the clearence and pushed me to the other side of the road. Just guessing. I am off work and on bed rest for 3 weeks, and told to not ride for 6. To bad it didnt happene a month ago its getting warm now.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Banned

You'll be up and at 'em before you know it. Don't risk going out on two wheels before you're at least 80-100% or someone elsemight be starting atread for you. Just glad that you can tell us about it. Listen to the docs and get well soon.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:00 AM

Glad you made it man. It just goes to show you that you can get hurt ina car just as easy as on a bike. Anytime you get on the road we take a rick no matter what were in or on. Hope you heal up fast.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

If you've got the energy, I'm still STAR certified.

If you don'[t mind posting up the story, with as much description of the street and nearest intersection, I can do a reconstruction for you.

The only reason I ask, is because if you're traveling in one direction, and you get t-boned - then other person was traveling perpendicular to you. Sounds like someone blew a stop/yeild sign.

But as I said, I'm only going from what you said, if you don't want to bother with it, I can't blame you.

Take care and have a good recovery. Those 3rd generation Cobras were raw as ****. Sorry you had to,lose it...

Any pics? Before and/or after?

Old 03-10-2008, 11:50 AM

Damn, good to hear your still around after something like that. Hope the healing goes well.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Friend and Hero ...

Have walk a few miles in those boots myself brother, I'm so sorry to hear you're troubles and wish you all the best and I am praying for your speedy recovery. Please keep us updated and if there is anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask

Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 PM

For sure glad to hear your still kickin. Dont need to lose another rider this early in the season. Good luck with figuring stuff out and as HC said if you need anything dont be afraid to ask.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:15 PM

I dont need anything i should be good. I was brought to tears today. went and saw the car for the first time and discovered why my right shoulder hurts. It took a passenger door to the shoulder. the car is literally folded in half. I am more than lucky. The same place that has my car had my buddies black 600rr that he wrecked about a year and half ago still as it was that day and i lost it. To see what could have been my death sitting next to what was my buddies death hurt pretty bad. Is it wrong of me if i try to buy his bike from the towing company. Dont know why but I would like to have it. And for whoever does the recreations hollar at me i will get you some pics of the road and everything. cbrsvt0502@aol.com Thank all you for the support. I was hoping to help blinding but looks like i gotta help my self now, at least he got to keep his bike.

Quick Reply: A week in ICU updated w/pics