Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A week in ICU updated w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A week in ICU updated w/pics

Left out of my house tuesday morning headed to work got about two miles from the house and got into a pretty bad accident. I was driving my 99 cobra it was a nice enough day somehow ended up on the wrong side of the road and got t-boned at full speed. 35 is posted not sure what she was doing. I dont remember anything from the wreck just leaving the house then waking up in the ICU. My baby is totaled and then some but I am doing ok a little worse for wear. I tore my spleen grade 2-3 , got a concussion, and both of my shoulders are tore up pretty good cant really support any weight with my arms. I am home now after a week there, and other than feeling like mike tyson beat the **** out of my stomach feel pretty good. I learned how fragile life really is today. My wife said if she would have seen then car should would have been sure I was dead. Police say I am lucky and if I had had a passenger in the car the would probably not have made it. Just thought i'd throw a short update out. I'm off to bed to "try" and get some sleep.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Default RE: A week in ICU

Hope you have a full recovery. Accidents aren't fun. Cheer up, things could be worse like you said. you could've been on your bike =/

Old 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned

Wow! Glad to see you are able to tell us about it. So many of these stories are told by friends or family or the newspapers with a different outcome.

Wish you the best of luck with recovery!
Keep us updated with everything.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Glad you're ok man. To cheer you up there's insurance policies you get to look at and possibly sueing someone. Yay!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:40 PM

hey glad you made it out the other side!!! LOL

Sounds like you where hit pretty hard, both shoulders, spleen and a contusion, in the cage... Did you have your seatbelt on? To me that is just like wearing your gear in the bike.

How about the other driver?? Knowing what happened to them might give you and Idea of what happened in your accident. Loosing those seconds of memory sucks.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

So glad your ok man, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:51 PM
RCR

Glad your ok and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:42 PM

Yeah, speedy recovery and all that, glad you survived, but damn...a sweet, babied ride is dead *sniffle* What about the car, huh?...people get better, machines don't, and they have just as much of a soul as we do! *bleahh* <runs away in tears>

Old 03-09-2008, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Yeah, speedy recovery and all that, glad you survived, but damn...a sweet, babied ride is dead *sniffle* What about the car, huh?...people get better, machines don't, and they have just as much of a soul as we do! *bleahh* <runs away in tears>
haha yeah..thats what i was thinking..99 conbra beautiful car..hopefully you can get a new one with some insurance money??

glad to hear you werent to seriously hurt!

Old 03-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

glad to you can be here to share with us but you really should find out what happened.. or it will haunt you . i cant imagine remembering one thing then the next waking up in icu and being told i wrecked.

Quick Reply: A week in ICU updated w/pics