Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wearable Headsets/earphones ?!?!?!?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wearable Headsets/earphones ?!?!?!?!!?

ORIGINAL: compulady5

Nah- not new helmet. I've got 3k miles on it (whooptie-do! LOL)

... Ok Gearhead- if you get them first- then let me know how they work out for you..

I know what you mean about ear slippage with those. You get them in right... You carefully pull apart the sides of the helmet padding as you put your helmet on, and no sooner do you adjust the damn thing- the ear buds pop out.

Or how about when you go to pull off your helmet and the hard stalks on them gets stuck in the padding and it tears and pulls at your ears?! OUCH.
Yeah the weather is going to be nice again this weekend so i may get some today to check-em-out !!!

Old 01-10-2007, 02:36 PM

I've spent over $350 on different headphones for riding. Koss, Bose, Sony, Philips, Sennheiser, JVC, along with a few cheap name brands and they ALL fall out of my ears either when I put the helmet on or when I move my head. I'm getting those Xpro helmet speakers in spring and going to try those out and see how they work.

Mike

Old 01-11-2007, 11:33 AM

I wear a set of these everyday in my helmet. I picked them up at Wal-Mart for $10.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

If you can get some different earpieces for your helmet, you should try that. What kind of helmet do you have?

I have an Icon Mainframe and I can get iPod buds, MP3 buds from my phone to fit comfortably.

Then again, I still don't ride with earphones in - screw that. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad on a low-traffic highway.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Banned

I don't see you finding a good alternative for a Shoei helmet.

I've had one of those things on before, and while my Icon helmet is badass and snug, the earpieces are different.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:53 AM

I can't find the exact Sony's my girl bought me but this set almost looks like these and I love 'em. They come with three different sizes of cones, good for music while riding but it kinda eliminates necessary back groung noise. I can still hear my bike (with stock exhaust)and my horn with my I pod up maybe 5/8 up of volume. But you might not hear the guy that's talking on his phone,blowin the red light, andsliding into the back of you. Take the good with the bad.
http://bestbuys.com/newbestbuys/inde...rodID=21280104

Old 01-12-2007, 05:19 PM

Hello Compulady5!

I read this post the other day. I had the same problem with my Arai helmet and elected to just not listen to anything else but the motorcyle (and traffic noise).

Anyway, back to why I posted this... I saw these helmet speakers on Ebay today and thought of you. The price seems a lot less than other systems I've seen. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

If and when you find something that works, let us know. I did see some really good ideas in this thread.

See-ya!

Old 01-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Default Bluetooth helmets

Keep an eye on the bluetooth helmet market. They are on the verge of getting it right. You'll have to dig through some crap to find anything good. I give it a year or two before icon and other popular brands jump onboard.
http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives...th_helmet.html

Quick Reply: Wearable Headsets/earphones ?!?!?!?!!?