Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wearable Headsets/earphones ?!?!?!?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wearable Headsets/earphones ?!?!?!?!!?

na dont worry girl.. i was just trying to get you some info. Didnt know you already been thru hell and back and your ears didnt adjust to them...

you pretty much got 3 options to choice from (IMO)

1. earpieces that are snug in your ear but will probbly get you an ear-ache
2. mod the helmet with helmetaudio.com (probbly doesnt take much time) and all you do is plug-n-play. it does look simple enough to just velco the pads in your helmet ear spacers and then align the cord to where you want it for easy access connection.
3. the warp around headset - which *will* hurt in a helmet from your ear and head with a metal piece between them. they are clumsy and they are made poor.

Iwould go with 1 or 2 - but seriously option 2 wouldnt be as hard as you think and is not permenant if you install it that way (just takes some sit down planning and design.)

Old 01-09-2007, 11:24 AM

I was at a motorcycle show on the weekend here in Toronto and these guys from "Big Ear" were there. Custom molded inserdt that go in your ear like a hearing aid device (sort of). Looked really good and the quality seemed great also.
http://bigearinc.com/
Hope this helps.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 AM

+1 on the custom molded ones, I used these for swimming years ago. These guys make a set that
can have speakers in them - very Formula-1 looking !

ExpensiveI'm sure, but they will fit.

http://www.westone.com/earmold_styles.html#protect

Chris

Old 01-09-2007, 01:33 PM

I find the in-the-ear type to be too uncomfortable to wear, but hey, I don't even like to use Q-tips to clean my ears.
What type of helmet do you have? I have an iPod, and I've found that the earbuds that came with the iPod work best with my helmet. The buds just sit inside the ear, but don't go into the ear canal. It took some practice to be able to put my helmet on without them falling out of my ears, but I figured it out.
I put the buds in with the wires pointing slightly toward the front of my face. Then I grab my helmet by the chin straps and hold it square above my head. Then I pull apart on the chin straps as I quickly push the helmet over my head.
I've found that putting the helmet on too slowly increases the chances that the buds will fall out. Maybe you could try this?

Old 01-09-2007, 08:15 PM

I bought a set of in-ear headphoneslast summer from best buy for like 20 bucks, they have worked out great for me. There are probably better ones out there but these worked for me.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1124432966251

Old 01-09-2007, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

I find the in-the-ear type to be too uncomfortable to wear, but hey, I don't even like to use Q-tips to clean my ears.
What type of helmet do you have? I have an iPod, and I've found that the earbuds that came with the iPod work best with my helmet. The buds just sit inside the ear, but don't go into the ear canal. It took some practice to be able to put my helmet on without them falling out of my ears, but I figured it out.
I put the buds in with the wires pointing slightly toward the front of my face. Then I grab my helmet by the chin straps and hold it square above my head. Then I pull apart on the chin straps as I quickly push the helmet over my head.
I've found that putting the helmet on too slowly increases the chances that the buds will fall out. Maybe you could try this?
yeah i do the same tennessee but my is a phone instead of ipod (dont like apple)

also you got to watch out for those custom earpieces, they are so expensive and if you somehow loose them - you out in the hole. Compulady, try to find a friend that will let you use their ipod or something and maybe test those plugs out (i havent heard any compliements about them) if your ears still hurt - you might need to go custom or install headphones in your helmet..

Old 01-10-2007, 02:05 AM

I used to have a chatter box with the speakers inside the helmet !!! They were decent at best not due to speaker quality but the distance from your ears !! with road noise and wind not so-good!! Took the whole system out of the helmet sold it for 200 bucks and bought an IPOD which has better sound quality but you run into the bud occasionally slipping out ! Dangitt !! lol ! ButI met some boyz this past weekend from SBN that had the set up like Urbanracer's mentioned and were very pleased with those and highlyrecommended them soI'm thinkin bout tryin them out !! Let us know what you think of em if you gettem !!!!

Oh and if your helmet is brand new and tight probably won't be a problem. There will be some softening of the cheek pads after you break it in some !!

Quick Reply: Wearable Headsets/earphones ?!?!?!?!!?