Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WEAR YOUR F**KING HELMET!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WEAR YOUR F**KING HELMET!

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: Illushun

Ya know, I feel bad for the loss, especially for his family. But, you don't know all of the facts. Could it possibly be that the reason he may have died was because of blunt force trauma to the chest, etc...
Are you freakin kidding me??? Hey, I heard about this guy one time, he died becuase he had his seat belt on, I'm never wearing one again...

Are you trying to say that it's OK to not wear a helmet? Why would you even try to counter a post like this?
I'm not trying to say that, and why YOU try to insinuate that. Don't read into things. Go hate on someone else. You seem to have alot of that.

EDIT:

And before anyone else goes hatin on my response, this is BS. I wear gear every single time I ride. PERIOD.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:09 AM

its like the jackass that said he wont wear a helmet because if you land wrong it can break your neck or crush your Adams apple..... I just looked at him and called him a jackass and went the other way....

Old 08-02-2007, 10:09 AM
VP

yeah I saw this on the news the other day...

Illushun, what is the point of trying to contradict this?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

yeah I saw this on the news the other day...

Illushun, what is the point of trying to contradict this?
Easy answer, I didn't contradict this. I merely pointed out that the assumption in the original article was trying to make it like not wearing a helmet was the reason the person died. I never intended nor do I condone in not wearing a helmet.

There are so many threads where people just interpret **** and don't know all the facts. I make a formally apology to anyone that I have upset, and that was not my intentions.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 AM

And case in point. Do you see how fast people blow this out of porportion and make these exaggerated assumptions.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:46 AM

i always wearmy helmut too, i think he was just pointing out the fact that he may have died with or without a helmut, not that it was ok not to wear one. ive never rode my bike without a helmut ever and i was going to ride up the block without it and it felt way too weird and im glad of that...

Old 08-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Retired Moderator

It is sad for the friends and family members of those who get killed riding a bike. The thing is, we are not going to change the minds of those who chose to not wear their gear. Seems like the most simple decision in the world, but there are plenty of people who don't seem to care. Hate to hear about it...happens way too much!

Old 08-02-2007, 02:29 PM

Wow, I see some ppl saying that short distances are okay without a helmet. I always wear a helmet. I have been riding for years, almost before I could talk. I started riding the street when I was 16. I am now 20 and have over 80,000 miles on the street on various bikes. A couple weeks ago I was riding and from my OWN error lowsided my bike at a VERY slow speed TWO blocks from my house. I was wearing my helmet. It have deep scratches through it. Without it I may not be here.

Here is the only damage I substained becuase I wasnt wearing full gear:

WARNING: GRAPHIC

Old 08-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Illushun

Ya know, I feel bad for the loss, especially for his family. But, you don't know all of the facts. Could it possibly be that the reason he may have died was because of blunt force trauma to the chest, etc...
The article still says they're "investigating", but I have a lot of buddies on the force, and they did say the trauma to his head is what ultimately killed him.

Illushun, I know you didn't mean to sound like you were contradicting the post, and I understand the point you were trying to get across, and I agree. Many times, riders do die from injuries other than head trauma, but in this case, it seems it wasn't so.

To add to all of this, my roommate just left without wearing a helmet again, and I can honestly say, I'm quite extremely pissed off right now. There is no excuse for not wearing a helmet......ESPECIALLY when it's hanging up right as you are about to leave, and as DemonChild posted......you don't have to be far from home to get in a crash.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:27 PM

I always wear my helmet because it's the law here in Tennessee. Even if it wasn't the law, I would still wear it. I like my head, and I would like to keep it in good shape!

Quick Reply: WEAR YOUR F**KING HELMET!