Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wanted: trustworthy friend that rides

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wanted: trustworthy friend that rides

Got majorly sick at work today. I was fine when i rode in but around noon it was like I hit with a sledgehammer. Could barely breathe, minor exertion almost made me pass out, massive headache and chills. So bad that i called a supervisor to be relieved and have someone drive me home.

And the worst part? I had to leave Yolanda at work! I was in no condition to ride home. My best friend, who'd I'd actually trust to ride Yolie, doesn't ride

Old 04-02-2012, 11:48 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you ok?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hope you are OK ......................
Bike will be fine - ask someone to put a blanket over it

Old 04-03-2012, 04:28 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Move to the Milwaukee area and I got your back.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:33 AM

Talked with a friend in medicine. He said that it sounds like the flu since it came on so suddenly and there aren't any other symptoms.

I feel better but can feel whatever it is still lurking. Gonna take the day off and see how I feel. If anything feels weird, I'm headed to the doctor

Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

To be fair, I don't think this is the correct part of the internet to look for trustworthy people to ride your bike for you.

Before you know it Nate is gonna pop in here and offer to do it.

Try Google "homeless people that have never ridden a motorcycle before in their life"

If you get a hit, go for that before Nate.

Best wishes, like all dreadful fluey kind of things, it will pass.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Heh, the supervisor came out to the job I was on to drive my van back. I think he was trying to see how serious I was about being ill. He said "someone" told him I ride a motorcycle (like he'd never seen me pull in or in gear). He asked if i rode in that morning and i said yeah. He then asked how I intended to ride home if i couldn't finish the job I was on or drive the van being so ill.

I looked at him and said I had no intentions of riding home. I had already called my girlfriend and my best friend to come get me from the office. But since he was about to pass my house on the way back to the office, how about stopping next to my red Ford Edge a half block up and letting me out there

I called out today rather than push things too fast. I feel better but not 100%. I seriously don't like leaving Yolie at work. The only thing keeping me from calling roadside assistance and having them tow her back here for me is no key and my alarm. They'll never be able to load her and if they tried, Yolie will scream her head off the entire time.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:48 AM

Oh and if Nate drove up here, offering to go to my job and ride Yolie back here...

I'd let him. I trust him.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 AM

If I was a little closer to Philly, I'd offer to help you out. But I am up in the Poconos. Hope you get over it quick and that Yolie is fine until you get her.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:02 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

If this happened over the weekend I could have helped you!! Lol... I could have made a detour to Philly on my way back from Newark, Delaware !

Quick Reply: Wanted: trustworthy friend that rides