CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Wanna know the truth? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/wanna-know-truth-72654/)

TK954RR 07-05-2008 05:15 PM

RE: Wanna know the truth?

BOOSH

Hayden06F4i 07-05-2008 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: 420cbr

never mind, not even worth it...

what you got to say 420? lets hear it.

PlayfulGod 07-05-2008 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

ORIGINAL: 420cbr

never mind, not even worth it...

what you got to say 420? lets hear it.

oh he did, then he deleted. lol.

Hayden06F4i 07-05-2008 07:08 PM

lol ohhhh

Rod38um 07-05-2008 07:11 PM

At least its entertaining.......
Ya know, I live in southern Ohio, we dont have a helmet law here and the only people I see wearing any gear at all is myself and old people passing thru on goldwings. Most of the people I see on sport bikes are just doing the shorts, T-shirt and flip flops.....cruisers mostly wear jeans and T-shirt. Nobody wears a helmet and out of that bunch, you always have your idiots trying to show off.
It sure makes you feel isolated though when you pull in somewhere and you're the only bike there with any gear on.....

NY Erion929 07-05-2008 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

1. It isn't always the cagers fault!

I see more idiotic riders than I do *cagers* out there. BTW, using the term cager makes you sound like a 10 year old trying to make a point.

2. Not all gixxer riders are squids

Many of the best riders I know, on and off the track ride gixxers and ride better than most people here ever will. There are a great number of squids on Hondas as well.

3. You are not cool because you post a *top speed* thread

True, in fact you sound like a moron craving attention
. People that talk about hitting these speeds on the street are the true squids (see #2 above).

4. Chrome wheels and extended swingarms do not make you a bad person or a squid

Customizing bikes is a very personal thing and if you don't like what someone else has done to THEIR bike, tough sh1t.

5. I am not an a$$hole

I just play one on TV.
The pot calling the kettle black

PlayfulGod 07-05-2008 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Rod38um

At least its entertaining.......
Ya know, I live in southern Ohio, we dont have a helmet law here and the only people I see wearing any gear at all is myself and old people passing thru on goldwings. Most of the people I see on sport bikes are just doing the shorts, T-shirt and flip flops.....cruisers mostly wear jeans and T-shirt. Nobody wears a helmet and out of that bunch, you always have your idiots trying to show off.
It sure makes you feel isolated though when you pull in somewhere and you're the only bike there with any gear on.....
Sounds like your the only one with any sense there lmao

N8 Dawg 07-06-2008 08:23 AM

I live in southern ohio and I never leave home without my lid....but I would say 80% of riders here dont wear any gear at all, and its about equal with sportbikers and cruisers with no gear....

saw a group of riders yesterday on the interstate, bout 5-6 sportbikes, and a goldwing, and another cruiser, all wearing helmets and leather jackets(and it was humid) one of them was even a girl with a purple bike, purple lid, purple jacket.

this year though I have noticed more people with helmets and I think it is because there are alot of new riders out there.

PlayfulGod 07-06-2008 08:43 AM

Well I dont believe in laws to protect me from me. Like the seatbelt law. WTF would a state require by law you wear your seatbelt but not a helmet? Both should be law or both shouldnt be. Governments are so stupid some tymes.[:@]

Personally, I never leave the yard w/o my helmet, jacket, gloves, and sidi boots. EVEN if it is just for that 2mile trip to the store, or 5 mile ride to class. It always when you think 'Ah its short, I know the roads, I wont need my gear.' when sumtin will happen, that one time when you think you wont need, you'll wish you had it. Dont believe me, search this board and any like it. You will find story after story of it was just up the road n I didnt think I needed it, and they wish they had it. ;)

Its simple, you leave the yard on ya bike, have the gear on. but its your skin, do what ya will.

Ya'll ride safe n have fun! God Bless!!

TheX 07-06-2008 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

ORIGINAL: TheX

1. It isn't always the cagers fault!

I see more idiotic riders than I do *cagers* out there. BTW, using the term cager makes you sound like a 10 year old trying to make a point.

2. Not all gixxer riders are squids

Many of the best riders I know, on and off the track ride gixxers and ride better than most people here ever will. There are a great number of squids on Hondas as well.

3. You are not cool because you post a *top speed* thread

True, in fact you sound like a moron craving attention
. People that talk about hitting these speeds on the street are the true squids (see #2 above).

4. Chrome wheels and extended swingarms do not make you a bad person or a squid

Customizing bikes is a very personal thing and if you don't like what someone else has done to THEIR bike, tough sh1t.

5. I am not an a$$hole

I just play one on TV.
The pot calling the kettle black

That's a cute reply, but hardly makes any kind of point at all...that's all you got?