Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

w00t MSF...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default w00t MSF...

ok my first msf session is fri night.... wish me luck..

do i need luck wished of me??[8D]

Old 08-17-2007, 02:50 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: w00t MSF...

you'll be fine besides the 1st time your there is pure paper work and getting ready you dont even see the bikes untill saturday morning .. but good luck anyways

Old 08-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck! you'll have a blast!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:39 AM

[:@][:@][:@]
sorry, i have to disagree with the MSF course. I know everyone on here advocates it, and I do also to a degree, however, it isnt as fun as it should be. I remember taking it and thought I was going to die on their unmaintained machines. The shifters didnt work, the brakes didnt work, and most of them had problems starting.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:13 AM

Unfortunately I must agree with Demonchild. MY "riding" experience with the MSF course was scary tyo say the least. It's like they went out to find the dumbest people they could find and put them into my class. I had been riding dirtbikes since i was 7 so i knew how to ride. The only reason I took the begginer class was to help me get my license.

They need to have 2 classes:
1) What is a motorcycle and how does it work?
2) I know how to ride, but would like some pointers and some help getting my license.

I actually felt unsafe there because people were running into each other, tearing A** across the parkinglot into the curb. On the other hand it was good training for the street because it's like: ride like people are aiming for you" even though you were better off if they were TRYING to hit you because they couldn't make the bike go where they wanted it to. [sm=rant.gif]

Old 08-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Banned

My MSF class was fun. Everything worked and all the lousy riders fell over alot. Kinda like real life.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Retired Moderator

My MSF was great! There were a couple of people who were really stupid, and one chick that was distracting me with her chi-chis, but the instructors were excellent and the machines were very well maintained.

Old 08-17-2007, 08:36 PM

Your MSF course really depends upon the management that is in control of how grant money is spent. No bikes in my MSF course were over 1.5 years old, were not damaged at all, and worked just fine. I might add that a good instructor would have immediately removed anyone who was a risk to other riders. We had a girl who couldn't manage the throttle/clutch who was removed because she simply required more coaching on the basics than others. There are two courses: experienced and basic. I took basic and will take experienced. In the case of the experienced course, you were required to already posess your rider endorsement or have completed the basic course. Plus, it's done on your own bike.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 PM

Im with itgbudeev,

Ive ridden since before I could walk. I had my own bike, a well maintained f3 at the time, and my permit. When I went to take the course I had been riding with my permit for a couple months on the street and was good enough to pull up the front in second and run the canyons at a good pace. When I got on the MSF bikes, I thought I was going to die.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

in my class we had awesome instructors, very well maintained motorcycles.. no one fell over, crashed or even stalled (and most had never been on a bike beofre) all in all it was a great experience. we did have 1 older lady (probably 50+) who was there with her husband to get their "L" so they could ride scooters ! but anyways on the exercises where i was leading i was much faster then everyone else and she was slowing down the pace and eventually everyone was backed up with eachother so they pulled her off the course and we continued. no further problems either and everyone passed

guess im one of the lucky one

Quick Reply: w00t MSF...