Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Vote for Teeks tat, or submit own ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vote for Teeks tat, or submit own ideas

Nah, I'll explain why I felt the need to get tattooed. I grew up in a "biker" house. It was no big deal to wake up in the morning as a small child, walk downstairs, and find 15-20 tattooed, leathered, bleary-eyed Pagans still sleeping off last nights festivities. Some little boys idolized firemen, others idolized sports heroes...I idolized my Father and his friends, who all had lots of ink, drank heavily, and rode motorcycles. I grew up, got wiser and realized the drug-slinging, fist-throwing outlaw life was probably not going to keep me out of prison (I had to collect an arrest or two to find this out)...but I knew I would always have tattoos and motorcycles. To me, it was as much a part of growing up and becoming a man as the first kiss, first beer, first time I got my dick wet. They are for me, no one else. Every one has a meaning to me and a memory, and they can never be taken away from me. You can take my house, my family, my home, my freedom...but I will die with these images on my skin.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: madgreek

...and books are for ****.
Guess I'm a raging ***, then.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Maybe i left this a little to open for interpretation. For one this does have some meaning to me. My original idea a year or so ago was to have some warrior type guy, standing at rest, arms crossed leaning against a big double bladed axe. That would be on the shoulder area. Then below i wanted some type of battle field, fog, and several dead demons of some variety. He was my protector, or slayer of past demons. I have survived my body being half burnt, more broken bones than probably any cares to hear about, 2 severe car wrecks, cancer, and a cheating wife. I have had my demons and beat them all. I wanted something to remind me that i do have some inner strength, and that i can look at and remind me when i need it. I took my idea and found out i cant really have it done, because of my burns. I guess asking for opinions here was a dumb idea, or at least i should have mentioned this part right off the top, but i didnt really want to post up my life story. Thats why i chose the 3 ideas that i threw up though, i may not be able to have my whole scene, but i was looking for something that was coming from within me (hence coming thru my skin). Yes i would also like it to be a little badass, or edgy, personally i just think it looks cooler. Im not an artistic person at all, it comes hard for me, i can barely draw a stick man, so i asked for help here.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:58 PM
RCR

Who needs thick skin when you have inner strength.

Name:  tat.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  43.3 KB

Old 11-13-2008, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

ORIGINAL: madgreek

...and books are for ****.
Guess I'm a raging ***, then.

EEEEwwww. You're a reader??? Homo.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:19 PM

IF you want a truely wicked tattoo... Look up Paul Booth.. This guy has mad skills. I think he is in NY but he travels to shows/expos

Name:  neckwithstitches.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  23.2 KB

http://www.darkimages.com

Old 11-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Retired Moderator

I hope you find your image, Teeks. You don't have to be artistic to know whatmakes you feel good. I have two tats, and I wish I had fifty. You are correct in asking for opinions here. We are all very like minded as a foundation. Make sure the artist is good, and you will have art and soul when you are done. There is a guy in my town that is at least six months out. WhenI am ready for my next one, I will book him months and months in advance.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:00 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl
Make sure the artist is good,
+100
the tat on my shoulder hurt like a mother!!! this guy had a rough touch, felt like he was dragging the needle along the lines and going to deep (skin getting caught in gun) most painful 2 hrs in my life. Yet the other one I barely felt it, the guy was smooth and he will be doingall the tatsI get.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl
Make sure the artist is good,
+100
the tat on my shoulder hurt like a mother!!! this guy had a rough touch, felt like he was dragging the needle along the lines and going to deep (skin getting caught in gun) most painful 2 hrs in my life. Yet the other one I barely felt it, the guy was smooth and he will be doingall the tatsI get.
In the words of TheX, "p0osie!" hehe.. yea I know you mean though f*ck dudes with a heavy hand.

It not only hurts more... but leaves scaring.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:42 PM

I haven't read all of the posts so I'm sure it's been said, but biggest thing is get a tattoo for yourself, and not for other people. If people don't like it but you love it, **** em. It's your body it's going to be on for the rest of your life, make sure it's what you want. Another big one is make sure you research a few places before you pick where you get it. Make sure they bandage tattoos after, new needles/ink, etc. Don't worry about the pain either, it's not that bad at all if done right. I got mine on my ribs and didn't even feel it in some spots.

Quick Reply: Vote for Teeks tat, or submit own ideas