Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Vicodin

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vicodin

Anyone know how fast the body builds up a tolerance to Vicodin? I'm sure it varies from person to person, but I think I built it up too quickly. I got a prescription the other night for my shoulder pain, and I took one (7.5mg). I felt really good for a few hours. The next night, I took another one, but didn't feel quite as good. I didn't have any pain for 3 days, so I didn't take one. Now, I took 2 tonight because I can barely move my arm, and I don't really feel good at all. I don't feel pain, but I don't feel "high." What gives?

Old 02-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Default RE: Vicodin

The shoulder pain must be incredibly intense for you to be taking vicodin.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:15 AM

you have no idea...

Old 02-22-2007, 06:03 AM

Im pretty sure u want to take those with food and make sure you dont exceed your dosage just to get "high"...Vicodin is a **** narco..it can ruin your life if you mess with it...ive seen it happen to family...only take that **** when u just can bear the pain..besides movement is always better to speed the recovery process...tread lightly above all means with those pills...or simply ask your doc...

Old 02-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

Im pretty sure u want to take those with food and make sure you dont exceed your dosage just to get "high"...Vicodin is a **** narco..it can ruin your life if you mess with it...ive seen it happen to family...only take that **** when u just can bear the pain..besides movement is always better to speed the recovery process...tread lightly above all means with those pills...or simply ask your doc...
+1 - A good family friend got addicted to that stuff, he became a very unpleasent person to be around until he recieved help to get off of it. Never had to use it myself (thank God), but I heard you don't take it unless you're in extreme pain (which it sounds like you are). Good luck with your shoulder.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 AM

I had used it a few times duringmy surgeries. I have never know anyone to get addicted to it or it stop working in a few days though. I was taking it for a few months last time, and I stopped taking it.It didnt work after about a month,and yet wanted to take it. So I took it to the Ph. D. and got something different. If you dont feel like its working, go bacj and tell them. Or you canjust simply say you get kinda sock and they will give you something else.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

I don't feel pain, but I don't feel "high." What gives?
Im pretty sure that means there working.....if you wanna get high smoke a joint.....

Old 02-22-2007, 10:42 AM

once my friend broke this leg(football training in high skool) he got some for the pain. it was the "new" thing at the time. he gave some to my other friend and he got addicted to it. once he have one more pill in bottle my other friend saw it and said "let me have it, or split it with me" i said its just one dam pill y do u want to split it. so then he helped him get off of them buy not giving him any more.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Be cafefull with any pills. But, vicodin never really did much for me (in my younger days lol). U will build up a tolerance to them pretty quick, along with everything else tho. When i went down on the bike i went to the doc and he gave me a script for percs and those helped alot when my knee was killin me. Just try to use them in extreme moments of pain, even let the pain build up a bit b4 u take em.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: NYErion929

if you wanna get high smoke a joint.....
Haha, heard 'dat brother!

yeah ive seen ppl mess wit that stuff n i wouldnt wan n e 1 2 get hooked! b careful wit that stuff.

How freakin' hard is it to read that crap I typed above? I mean, seriously people, we're not on a freaking instant messenging program, there's no real need to, "get your words in."

Freaking type a real damn sentence... that shiite sucks to try and decipher.

Quick Reply: Vicodin