Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Vick suspended indefinitely

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vick suspended indefinitely

I just caught your reference to Antonio Bryant...

OMG...do some thinking man.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:43 PM

You added conditions to the players listed.

Listen, my point was not to aggravate you, it's just simply to point out that there are problem players everywhere. You even mentioned my team, the Pats, as the closest thing to a modern dynasty, so again to be fair, here you go:

Randy Moss, Chad Eaton, Belichick's son Stephen Belichick, Eric Warfield, Corey Dillon, Brandon Meriweather, Kenyatta Jones, Zeke Mowatt, Michael Timpson, Robert Perryman.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:43 PM

I didn't get screwed up by TheX's page. I just kept clicking and I found the end. The nature of the pop ups was humorous and I just kept with it until it ended.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

You added conditions to the players listed.

Listen, my point was not to aggravate you, it's just simply to point out that there are problem players everywhere. You even mentioned my team, the Pats, as the closest thing to a modern dynasty, so again to be fair, here you go:

Randy Moss, Chad Eaton, Belichick's son Stephen Belichick, Eric Warfield, Corey Dillon, Brandon Meriweather, Kenyatta Jones, Zeke Mowatt, Michael Timpson, Robert Perryman.

The whole points were...

Bad teams have bad players. The Falcons have/had Vick...and I'll bet you a crisp $100 they won;t get to a SB within the next 15 years.
They have never won anything.

Point 2 was the great teams of history did not have players,

on their roster,

at the time they were winning

who had bad...attitudes, for

lack of a better word.

Success comes from having dedicated, smart, clean living players.

And except for a few exceptions, the teams I named have and always have tried to have these types of people in their organization.

Vick, would have never won anything, much less a championship...because all his career he has had a chip on his shoulder.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

And except for a few exceptions, the teams I named have and always have tried to have these types of people in their organization.

I wouldn't go that far .. unless you're only referring to the current roster ... Michael Irvin was no angel man and has admitted to a lot of thug type activities during his playing days for the cowboys and Terrell Owens may not have corn rows but he's got about as much a thug mentality as the best of'em imo (none of these are animal abuse related but just responding to your "thug mentality" comparisons). Anyway, I don't want to go down the path of who's a role model or not .. NFL has just as many problem players as any other sport regardless of the team. The teams mean little to nothing, with the contract negotiations these days, the player you're propping up on a pedestal today will be playing for another tomorrow and the "corn row thug" players you admonish will be playing on yours tomorrow. Whether it's NBA Kobe rape charges or fighting in the stands with fans, NFL Murder Charges, MLB steroid allegations etc.. etc.. sports these days have a systemic problem and none are better than the other .. league wise or team wise: It's a sport culture "too young and too rich too quick" problem more than a particular NFL team problem. Not that it didn't happen in the past but not at the accelerated rate of today.

Arthur Blank handled this with class and dignity and wasn't quick to judge but made it clear he wouldn't put up with it either when it was clear who did what.

Bad teams have bad players. The Falcons have/had Vick...and I'll bet you a crisp $100 they won;t get to a SB within the next 15 years. They have never won anything.

You forget Pre-Vick they were in the superbowl ... they didn't win but they did win the NFC championship to get there. If I bet I would take you up on that bet ... regardless, Vick was an exciting *** player to watch and he filled up stadiums home and away .. for what he did he doesn't deserve to come back but that doesn't negate his athletic ability.

But I get what you mean bro.

I'm mostly just giving you a well meant hard time about your team.
No offense taken bruh, it's just a keyboard and a monitor and I'm just shooting the sh&^t with you as well.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:45 AM

HEY !!!

Don't be knocking off WWF !!!

I think you meant if you want to watch garbage sports...yes I'll agree with NBA, etc, etc

WWF is WORLD class hollywood entertainment

Old 08-25-2007, 12:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

I wouldn't go that far .. unless you're only referring to the current roster ... Michael Irvin was no angel man and has admitted to a lot of thug type activities during his playing days for the cowboys and Terrell Owens may not have corn rows but he's got about as much a thug mentality as the best of'em imo (none of these are animal abuse related but just responding to your "thug mentality" comparisons). Anyway, I don't want to go down the path of who's a role model or not .. NFL has just as many problem players as any other sport regardless of the team. The teams mean little to nothing, with the contract negotiations these days, the player you're propping up on a pedestal today will be playing for another tomorrow and the "corn row thug" players you admonish will be playing on yours tomorrow. Whether it's NBA Kobe rape charges or fighting in the stands with fans, NFL Murder Charges, MLB steroid allegations etc.. etc.. sports these days have a systemic problem and none are better than the other .. league wise or team wise: It's a sport culture "too young and too rich too quick" problem more than a particular NFL team problem. Not that it didn't happen in the past but not at the accelerated rate of today.

Arthur Blank handled this with class and dignity and wasn't quick to judge but made it clear he wouldn't put up with it either when it was clear who did what.

Bad teams have bad players. The Falcons have/had Vick...and I'll bet you a crisp $100 they won;t get to a SB within the next 15 years. They have never won anything.

You forget Pre-Vick they were in the superbowl ... they didn't win but they did win the NFC championship to get there. If I bet I would take you up on that bet ... regardless, Vick was an exciting *** player to watch and he filled up stadiums home and away .. for what he did he doesn't deserve to come back but that doesn't negate his athletic ability.

But I get what you mean bro.

I'm mostly just giving you a well meant hard time about your team.
No offense taken bruh, it's just a keyboard and a monitor and I'm just shooting the sh&^t with you as well.

HEY !!!

Don't be knocking off WWF !!!

I think you meant if you want to watch garbage sports...yes I'll agree with NBA, etc, etc

WWF is WORLD class hollywood entertainment
LMAO!!!

I was exxagerating for the effect of humor when I said the WWF.

I was dead serious about the NBA though.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duuudddee!! I think this whole Vick thing has led some of our Falcon fans to drink even more than usual .. LOL

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/ind...owtopic=265430

Old 08-25-2007, 07:55 AM

kewl breeze your avatar is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-25-2007, 09:46 AM

Maybe since he he's going to have some free time on his hands, he can learn how to throw to a reciever.

Quick Reply: Vick suspended indefinitely