Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A very Merry Christmas to you all!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: A very Merry Christmas to you all!!

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Isn't that what Thanksgiving is for?
Well, we dont have that here ..but look at it like thanksgiving twice if you need too ..now stop being a pessimist, it doesnt suit you!!

Jules

Old 12-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a pessimist, just calling it as I see it. Xmas is just ridiculous in the States now... I can see why for the children we do it, but other that that it's pointless it seems.

I get the whole time to be with the loved ones as well, I guess your right. And I would do the Thanksgiving twice thing, but we have ham instead of turkay on Xmas, so that doesn't work well.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

JFunk, the Gnostics (another form of early Christianity) believed Jesus was born on 25th December. The Roman Emperor at the time (can't remember who he was) maybe Constantine ?? actually organised a sort of 'panel of religious heavies ' who threw a whole bunch of sects together, and there are bits from each, so we have................confusion hehehe.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:23 AM

Merry Christmas to all. I am very thankful to be fortunate enough to give to others who are not able. I am happy to put money in the Salvation Army bucket. I am thankful to have a family to share a wonderful day with. I am thankful to be able to share this Christmas with my wife (who will be deploying to Iraq for a year on the 29th). I am proud to say I am a husband, father, and provider who is looked up to for direction in my home. This day comes around once a year, and for me......just for me.... it serves as a time to reflect on the things I have done, or not donethis year. I think of what to do to better myself for next year. I reflect on the great moments, as well as the not so great.

Some, should think a little more positive about things, instead of being so negative. Negativity spreads like cancer, and thats why we as a people have not fully united yet. Either way, its all good. I have no complaints because guess what I always say in the midst of my worst situation? Someone has it worse than I do.........................

Jfunk, I hope all works out for you bro. Maybe your outlook towards Christmas may change.

Merry Christmas To the Brothers and Sisters of CBRforum.com

Old 12-23-2008, 03:32 PM

Doogstar, I thank you as one American to another for the sacrifices that you and your family have made for the Stars and Stripes, you are a much better man than I can ever hope to be, and I mean this sincerely.

I try not to be negative...and I am not one who hides his true feelings so I shared them. I am sure one day my feelings may change, but for now they are what they are. This thread has made me think more about the Xmas spirit and what it stands for. I thank you all for that and Happy Holidays to all.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif] Here's to 2009 being much better than 2008 was... [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 12-23-2008, 05:21 PM

Happy Birthday Jesus ! Christmas is the best holiday of all ! Thanks for a great year, yall. Hope everyone gets good stuff. Peace, Gray.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:14 PM

^^Me too... Happy birthday Jesus and spend a very joyful Xmas eve everybody!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

Doogstar, I thank you as one American to another for the sacrifices that you and your family have made for the Stars and Stripes, you are a much better man than I can ever hope to be, and I mean this sincerely.

I try not to be negative...and I am not one who hides his true feelings so I shared them. I am sure one day my feelings may change, but for now they are what they are. This thread has made me think more about the Xmas spirit and what it stands for. I thank you all for that and Happy Holidays to all.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif] Here's to 2009 being much better than 2008 was... [sm=icon_guiness.gif]
Thank you for caring bro. My pride as a Soldier comes from a fellow citizen saying what you said.

Something me and my family does on xmas eve is have a cookie contest. We buy, and bake plain sugar cookie dough, then have contests in the decoration of them. We have such a great time doing this every year. Of course, I always win.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Retired Moderator

I think Christmas is what you make of it. If one wants to see it as a Godless, heathenistic, commercial enterprise...you can enjoy every bit of the darkness it brings. My love of Christmas had been declining for the last several years, but this year something was different. I am in the spirit this year, and it is wonderful. Ironically, I have less money to spend on giftsthan I have had in years. That isn't the point. I got a sense of that somehow this year. Talking to Kewl tonight on the phone, he said how he wants to pound some nails in a Habitat for Humanity house one of these months. I would bet that any of us would feel awesome about life helping the less fortunate during the Holidays...the truely needy and not the guys that have the signs that say *Just want money for beer*. Maybe that is a good idea for those of usthat find this season particularly commercial or corrupt. Your perception is just a state of mind...that can be changed.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:57 PM

bah humbug!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: A very Merry Christmas to you all!!