Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A vent on the "G" thang....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 05:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A vent on the "G" thang....

WTF is it with this trend of getting a nice bike and destroying all the functionality ? Here in Gulfport, MS. we have a ton of guys riding around on gsxrs and busas only to lower them as much as possible and have all the "bling" money can buy installed. I saw one the other day that actually had dudes face airbrushed on the side. Aside from the ugly nugget on the plastic he can go fast on a straight highway causing traffic to swerve but doesnt possess the simple skill of a right hand turn without dragging his "pimpin" Nike Airs on the ground. OH MY GOD !!! The gold plated levers, the helmets half on, the pants hangin so far down the crotch rubs on the chain, the neon, the gang signs, bouncing the rpm`s off the rev limiter because "it sounds cool", the rediculous swing arm extensions, When will it stop ? What happened to the retarded 44" rims, the bass, and the cadillac ? When`s the next overpaid rapper gonna start a new trend, like mopeds or another vehicle like the H2 ? I guess I wouldn`t be so irritated if they just learned how to ride without messin up traffic or didn`t use a bike for a rolling billboard for how "snoop thugish" they think they are.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Default RE: A vent on the "G" thang....

can't help but agree with ya ... these stupid SUV cult artists are really getting on my nerves
its almost as if the bling bling SUVs weren't ugly enough, now their owners have chosen to defile our sacred riding grounds

i grew up riding bikes that were fast/sleek and highly functional (zx-9r. zx-7r, rd-350, rx100)
and still do (cbr1000rr)

last week i had nothing to do while getting pics developed so i walked next door into this Boss Hoss showroom. Woe unto me ... i couldn't even get that $32k gorilla off the sidestand. Thankfully the owner paid no attention to me - he was busy selling a $35k trike to a senior with a walking stick - how opportune yet politically incorrect

i grew up in west Asia ... out there, we call trikes "auto rickshaws" and this current crop of crap reminds me of those WWII leftover Harleys that haul hay @ 15 mph running on kerosene - only diff is THEY are more practical !

Old 10-27-2005, 07:29 AM

Roxy i was in gulfport like 5 months ago getting ready to leave to come over sees and i totally noticed that too like one guy even dumped his brand new busa bcuz he didnt know what the hell he was doin trying to show off ! it was quite humerous though other than that how you guys hangin i heard you guys got hit pretty hard!

Old 10-27-2005, 11:56 AM

It happens in Jacksonville Fla. too
Havent seen to many blingin busas, but they love the R1's and the GSXR 750's
Chrome,gold leaf,GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say to each his own! If it's my bike I'm gonna dress it like I like it. I've seen people on stock bike dump them because they didn't know what they were doin, dressing the bike up has nothing to do with that. I've also witnessed plain stock bike driving in traffic like an idiot also has nothing to do with dressing up a bike. I ride for the love of riding I don't really drag knees or have any bling but I don't bash the one who do just because I don't! Just my thoughts.

The following users liked this post:
Clizzy (03-24-2022)
Old 10-27-2005, 06:27 PM

My thoughts are: No matter what you do to your bike quit being such a squid and learn how to ride it. If you can't ride it then you don't belong on it.

Old 10-27-2005, 07:25 PM

I say to each his own , what I hate is the fools with pimped out bikes riding around with their helmet hanging off the side of their bike instead of on their head.

Old 10-27-2005, 10:06 PM

If they knew how to ride the bike, instead of posing on it, and showed a hint of respect for anyone on the road, then I have no problems with the "each to his own" thing.

And in response to yuppiebikerssuck, We are all hangin in there... Our whole area got torn apart. Its funny, ya turn on the news and all you here about is New Orleans. I don`t understand it, They got the weak side of the storm and flooding. Here in MS, there were entire towns that were wiped off the map or reduced to fields of toothpicks. there were even police departments that partially disbanded because there was nothing left to patrol. It looked like something from a "end of the world" movie. The worst part of it all was the looters though. I will never forget the sub-human things these animals did, like taking jewlery off of bodies. I wont get started......There are alot of people here who want nothing but federal aid (FEMA) and a thousand dollar check daily, but when the money comes, they refuse to do anything to help themselves and rebuild. they expect it all to be done for them. (while they spend their relief checks on a gold plated `busa LOL ) The racial lines are starting to form again because of this, Unfortunately, but thats another conversation. My home came out great, I got a couple of custom skylights in the ceiling, got rid of that wood fence around the back yard, and got all new landscaping with a few large trees included. I was very fortunate, there are thousands out here that have nothing left. Sorry for the book.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Retired Administrator

Don’t worry about the book.. people don't have to read if they choose not to. It's nice to hear you made out alright, but sad to hear stories how people were reduced to taking jewelry off bodies. It's amazing what mother nature can bring out of humanity....

Old 10-28-2005, 06:38 PM

I was with one of the Helo squadrons rescuing people there, It was a horrible mess, i feel for those people and hope that most come out ok with there bikes still intact Lol . 695 people/1 dog /and a parrot rescued woot!!

Quick Reply: A vent on the "G" thang....