Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

vb programmers

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vb programmers

anyone on here familiar with visual basic or the .net framework? I need to finish this stupid website/project but ive got a few bugs/issues i need sorted out and could use a little help if anyones ever coded with asp.net 4.0 or vb before

Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

kinda sorta; i had to recently deploy an internal reporting site that uses it. i don't do much .net programming, but there are a few guys in the office that do.

Old 05-09-2011, 03:56 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

^^^ nerd

Old 05-09-2011, 05:10 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I hate dot net. I'll stick with PHP, and hopefully Ruby soon. Maybe a splash of Cocoa and C++ eventually.

Old 05-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aken
I hate dot net. I'll stick with PHP
apples and oranges. or more like an apple tree and an orange.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 PM

i hate programming especially vb. i just figured out some workaround solutions for my problems so everything looks all hunky dory and works on the front end but i really didnt fix anything properly. but it works now and thats all that matters so ill take the victory for this one.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
aybe a splash C++ eventually.
lol looks like you started off alittle backwords imo.

But yeah vb sucks. I didnt get the website design class next semester so I wouldnt be of any assistance for a while. I really dont have alot of desire to learn .net either because php is alot better tbh. now if it was c++/g++/visual studio Id be alot of help. good luck though

Old 05-10-2011, 12:45 AM

well it was vb in visual studio. Im gonna give php a shot. Ive done html, c++, and vb obviously but programming in general just really bores me and isnt as interesting as i thought itd be so ive never really put a whole hearted effort into really learning it once i got past the basics, it was just ehh.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 AM

check out academicearth.org they have a bunch of videos of lectures that the big colleges use so students can watch them whenever. I started learning php from one of them and I cant remember what one. it was pretty cool though. you might find it pretty boring though. Why are you learning all this programming stuff if you dont like it?

and oh so your using asp.net? yeah that sucks. I used it once for a project my senior year of highschool and gave up and played flash games instead

Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 PM

its part of my major so it comes up every now and then. Ive done a c++ class, a couple sql classes, then this one was html at first but then it just turned into all vb/asp.net. The class is e-commerce technology and nothing at all made it sound like thered be programming involved it just seemed like a....e-commerce technology...class like with transaction management, process, banking, all that stuff cuz ive done that before. But that was only about 1 class worth of information the rest was this stuff sooo it was kinda an accident but i dealt with it.