Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Uuugh my wallet's getting thin

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Uuugh my wallet's getting thin

this sucks.......all i see is my wallet getting slimmer and my paychecks are doing the same. work needs to p/u or you guys are going to see my bikes on craigslist! Of course its the worst time for it all too, w/ Xmas coming up and my g/f's bday next week.........and i know its not about money, but that doesnt make me feel any better when i cant get the ones that mean something to me a gift.

i hate the holidays, i hate birthdays....bah-humbug.

anyone wanna get first dibs on my prized possesions.....lol?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Uuugh my wallet's getting thin

Dude, I totally feel you...I just got my house this year, and the wallet has been stretched thin. If it weren't for some solid work on the side, I'd be f'd up pretty good. This has been the toughest month in recent memory for me, but I should squeeze by, as relief is in sight next month.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
RCR

I hear ya buddy. I just let go eight of my guys and it killed me. I have been holding off doing that for the last month but it was going to happen with this slow *** economy. Where is small business bailout? It's not just the owners hurting it's my ex-employees that are worst off.

It's going to be a hard six to eight months ahead.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:59 PM

same here, shoortbuss. this month is so far the hardest for me. but dude im really hurting and selling BOTH my bikes is becoming more and more a possibility. its killing me, i stress so much over money. my g/f and i go to kings dominion EVERY halloween for their halloween haunt stuff and she wanted me to take her for her bday and i feel like ****. i really dont think i can do it this year. she is understanding but it kills ME. i dont blow money either, its not like i eat out all the time or buy stupid **** every day. idk.........just depressing times and feel like im losing my grip on my passion/bikes once again (i think i've made similar posts in the past couple months).

me -

Old 10-20-2008, 07:59 PM

I'm actually looking to buy some bikes this winter.. I figured I'd buy 3 when people are in a bind and then I'll be able to sell em later for more.. or just keep em >

Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 PM

RCR, im hoping i dont get laid off too. my co. laid off four or five people a few weeks ago but we were all told that no more would be laid off. i've been there for going on 6yrs now too.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:05 PM

Fortunately i am so how doing better then ever. I think it was quitting the drugs, i'm doing great financially. I do see people around me hurting though and it makes me feel bad. I have 2 guys that work for me and they can barely make their paychecks last and are always asking to borrow money. Something they had never done before until justrecently. Even my girls parents are hurting right now so it's definately tough out there. My brother is worried he will be laid off from his factory job because they keep having layoffs. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Goodluck to everyone stuggling with this economy, i pray that it turns for the better soon.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: fuze

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

but i dont WANNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! my bikes, MY bikes are my life and i dont want someone else to have'em, lol.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:12 PM
RCR

Fortunately i am so how doing better then ever. I think it was quitting the drugs, i'm doing great financially. I do see people around me hurting though and it makes me feel bad. I have 2 guys that work for me and they can barely make their paychecks last and are always asking to borrow money. Something they had never done before until justrecently. Even my girls parents are hurting right now so it's definately tough out there. My brother is worried he will be laid off from his factory job because they keep having layoffs. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Goodluck to everyone stuggling with this economy, i pray that it turns for the better soon.
What line of work are you in? Hell if your doing that great give your guys a pay increase. Im in construction and still have 4 guys and they saw it coming with work slowing. Im in no way going bankrupt but times are hard in my field of work and keeping such a large team isnt the best business strategy right now.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jaynd

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

but i dont WANNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! my bikes, MY bikes are my life and i dont want someone else to have'em, lol.
I've faced this possibility myself far too many times this year. If I had 2, I would sell one for sure, but I only have 1. There's no way I'm letting go of my baby unless it comes to me having to choose food and heat over it.

Quick Reply: Uuugh my wallet's getting thin