Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

update on....me

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default update on....me

well, i found out two days ago that my insurance will NOT BE GOING UP. a friend of mine that i ride w/ works at my insurance co. and spoke w/ two different underwriters and they each told her that motorcycle accidents will NOT raise my insurance. i asked her if the insurance co. was going to all of a sudden raise their rates oh so conveniently and she said no .... so ...... my insurance is not rising. what does that mean? that means that the $3k i'm getting from my insurance co. can be put towards a new / newer bike. here comes the "but". i got my medical bills from the Prince Georges Co. shock trauma and they are $2,923.**. i m taking the bill to work tomorrow for the secretary to fax to my health insurance co. if the bills are 100% taken care of then i'll be putting $3k towards an 07 600RR.

well i thought it was pretty cool that my insurance wont be rising. but, i know that im prob. on the verge of being dropped [&o] ..... so i need to straighten up and enjoy cruising around for a whi.le and leave the leaning/knee dragging for my F4i at the track days.

well i've called dealership after dealership and cannot find a '07 silver/white/black at all. anyone on the east coast that can help out, MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated!

****Edited By KB for legibility. Jay, the only word that wasn't permitting your post to go through was "WHI.LE" in 2nd paragraph

Old 07-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Default RE: update on....me

^ sorry, forum is aggrivating and killing my posts.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:00 PM

been riding my g/f's bike here and there.......miss it alot!

Old 07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay,
Let me know when you are ready for a new banner after you get your RR. Pulling for you, my friend.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:47 PM

Hey dude I'm lookin for a RR too.. I browsed around on cycletrader and there is a dealership in NC that has some I think.. other than that the best deals I've found on a new 07rr is in CO.. there are some good deals around florida. It's quitea drive but I might be goin out there to get one and I could drag a 2nd all the way to TN.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see you are ready to ride! I wonder about this magical fairy insurance that doesn't go up when ya have an accident ... I managed to avoid an increase once but they killed my good driver discount so it was basically a 15% increase for 2 years.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 AM

I hope it works out for you, Jay. If you end up with $3k left and don't know what to do with it, I call first dibs!

Old 08-01-2008, 01:01 AM

Congrats Jay! ... hope it all works out for you. Just be careful when you get on that '07 because you'll want to start that leanin' all over again

Old 08-01-2008, 01:30 AM

Aint nothin wrong with leaning.. its just the whole dropping part thats bad :P

Old 08-01-2008, 09:41 AM

ORIGINAL: jaynd

well i've called dealership after dealership and cannot find a '07 silver/white/black at all. anyone on the east coast that can help out, MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated!
Just called three dealerships. They don't have it here in Charlotte (NC)

Quick Reply: update on....me