Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Update on Hardcorp's surgery

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Update on Hardcorp's surgery

Hope he has a full recovery. Best of luck to you two.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: woo545

It just occured to me......

He carried swt_poet with a broken rib, punctured left lung, ruptured spleen, broken left scapula, fractured left forearm, torn ligaments and tendons in his left knee and now, quite possibly, a brain tumor.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty damn impressed. Matter of fact, I feel like a sissy.

Swt, I'm sorry you have to go through all of this. Good luck to the two of you. If the worst thing that comes of this is some hearing loss in his left ear... then I think you are doing pretty damn good. Besides...now you can make fun of him when you are standing on his left side without him knowing.

I'm hoping for a full recovery.

wow..i forgot that was him, i was thinking about that person the other day and didnt remember who it was. Good luckin your recovery hardcorp, keep him well poet.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:37 PM

prayers out to hc and those who love him

Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 PM

Spirit, every time I see your signature with my husband in the back of the photo it makes me think of the strong difference that people see in him. Many people see a accomplished Marine, a warrior. What I see in that photo is him with a big silly grin on his face thinking of how much fun this whole experience was, not forgetting about the risk or the danger that they all put themselves in everyday, but he has a whole other side. The day of the accident just gave me a glimpse of how tough he can be when necessary and I'm not sure if he was totally aware of where he was and who he was interacting with or what he was drawing on for strength, but he did impress a lot of people that day and just showed me how much he loved me. But I would like to share something else with you. I had an idea at Christmas to take a care basket to a proud, older lady, who is not very financially well off. I won't go into the whole long story, but it is a sad one. We got a large laundry basket and loaded down with canned goods, milk, eggs, washcloths, towels, and kitchen towels and on Christmas eve after we had gotten little HC stuff out under the tree. He volunteered to drive the 80 miles round trip to leave it on her doorstep, because she would not accept it any other way and that is the man I fell in love with, everything else is either a complication or a bonus depending on how you look at it. Just wanted to share that and let you know, he has started physical therapy, but it is slow going and I can tell by the look on his face. He is very frustrated and drained on daily basis. He sleeps a lot more now than I ever known him to but I'm sure it's just him catching up on well-earned rest. He does keep up with what's going on here on the forum. I read all the new stuff and I can tell he's missing being able to "give his advise". On a lighter note..I have been getting the last word lately..lol.. Thanks again to everyone

Old 01-09-2008, 10:19 PM

He is very frustrated and drained on daily basis.

Frustration is a hinderance and is likely adding to his loss of energy.

HC- Drop it. You'll be better off. Trust me....this is coming from a guy who couldn't walk for 3 1/2 months....frustration ain't worth the trouble my friend.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:19 PM

ORIGINAL: swt_poet

Many people see a accomplished Marine, a warrior...but he has a whole other side.
Exactly. And I've been fortunate to see a little bit of that HC--the intelligent, empathic, and quite engaging side--which is all the more amazing because I've known since boot camp that Force Recon is as elite as any military unit in the history of the world--and HC is an instructor! FTW!

But really, it's the 'Always Faithful' part that he's guaranteed to deliver. Whatever was coming out of HC TV was real, and straight up. Not everyone wanted to hear things that way (ThomasinTexas, you're still a chicken suckass), but I thought it was GD refreshing.

So Hard, just do what you can do, when you can do it. Worry about yourself for once, we'll be waiting for you in the meantime. OOHRAH

Old 01-09-2008, 11:20 PM

Just wanted to add. I logged into HC's account, with his permission, of course, and sent most of you who are on his buddies list a short message. Now I know I probably missed a few. It's not exactly that short of a list with 214 messages in his inbox and 244 in the sent box and all of them less than a month old I don't want to ever hear. You guys complain about women talking too much lol but if I did miss you, on his list I am truly sorry. Just feel free to drop me a line, and I will remember you next time.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

tell HC my prayers are out for you two.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:40 AM

I hope he gets well soon

Old 01-10-2008, 07:16 AM

I hope he makes a full recovery, get well HC YOUR THE MAN !

Quick Reply: Update on Hardcorp's surgery