Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

UNOFFICIAL: Down in 2007 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default UNOFFICIAL: Down in 2007 Thread

Since this is the end of the year, some of us made it this far. Just thinking very proudly to myself that I made it through 2007drop free, then what happens, downer!

So, if you didn't keep the shiny side up all year post up a breif description of situation, speed and damage. I'll go first

New Years eve, on grass just pulling bike out to run an errand. Broken mirror and pride

Old 12-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: UNOFFICIAL: Down in 2007 Thread

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

Since this is the end of the year, some of us made it this far. Just thinking very proudly to myself that I made it through 2007drop free, then what happens, downer!

So, if you didn't keep the shiny side up all year post up a breif description of situation, speed and damage. I'll go first

New Years eve, on grass just pulling bike out to run an errand. Broken mirror and pride
So your was today???

Few months back low speed lowside up on the Dragon. Damage, total damaged was 1 mirror $20, bar end $12, slider puck $18 (I love Vortex), Right lower fairing $300, exhaust can $300, bent kickstand, small ding in tank. But I only replaced the mirror, slider puck, bent the kickstand back, touched up, compounded alot of the scratches out. Exhaust I plan on replacing the spring, was planning on a booleg_ shorty LE but not sure now.

oh and a brake lever $29 a pair lol

Old 12-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fell over in driveway.

Fell over after stopping fast for some old man who didn't see me. [:@]

SLIDERS SAVE

Bike is still in good shape though. Just some light scratches and no broken parts.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:29 PM

I haven't dropped yet either, but i've only been riding for about 2 months now

( well, not counting the dirt-bike ride last year )

Old 12-31-2007, 06:51 PM

It would be easier to list the times that I did not fall.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:56 PM

september 19th. All fairings but lower right are totally damaged(cracked,shattered, in pieces) windscreen non-existant, tank severely dented, front fairing stay tweaked quite a bit, shifter bent in, left clip on snapped in two, throttle control shattered...

BUT...frame, forks, all straight. Got everything isrepaired/replaced but the fairings..those are comin in a month or two. The european silver and black ones.

damage to me...pride, mind,...physical - Spine pain(up and down movements for a month, if i took a big breath this huge pain would overtake me and drop me to the floor, left palm gouged to the bone, road rash on top of left hand, right knuckles. left shoulder, hip and knee road rash.

not as bad as it sounds tho...its all good now, everyone has their accidents, im glad to live through mine and make it to '08. Be back in the spring once this dam snow is gone.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

september 19th. All fairings but lower right are totally damaged(cracked,shattered, in pieces) windscreen non-existant, tank severely dented, front fairing stay tweaked quite a bit, shifter bent in, left clip on snapped in two, throttle control shattered...

BUT...frame, forks, all straight. Got everything isrepaired/replaced but the fairings..those are comin in a month or two. The european silver and black ones.

damage to me...pride, mind,...physical - Spine pain(up and down movements for a month, if i took a big breath this huge pain would overtake me and drop me to the floor, left palm gouged to the bone, road rash on top of left hand, right knuckles. left shoulder, hip and knee road rash.

not as bad as it sounds tho...its all good now, everyone has their accidents, im glad to live through mine and make it to '08. Be back in the spring once this dam snow is gone.
Damn! What were you wearing?

Old 12-31-2007, 08:32 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator

Damn! What were you wearing?
no shy lol. sounds like NOTHING lol

Old 12-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Retired Moderator

Crash #1:

Low side on highway at 70 mph. Wearing all my gear, no injuries other than scrapes on the knee, rode the bike 65 miles home immediately afterwards. Frame sliders saved the bike from major damage.

Crash #2:

https://cbrforum.com/m_450128/tm.htm

Quick Reply: UNOFFICIAL: Down in 2007 Thread