Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

universal sign??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 07:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default universal sign??

[:@]ok, i am living up in dc and my buddy and I were riding downaround quantico on i95 and some a hole was tailgating me soooo bad! getting tailgated in a car is one thing, but a bike! if we make one little slip or something we are done. anyways, i was in the middle lane just going about 5 over because my buddy has got an old suzuki cruizer and i was just relaxing. is there a universal sign for "back off?" i tapped the brakes a few times and ill i got were some honks from the guy behind me and he got even closer. so i got pissed and then i slowed down to about 30 just to **** him off. what do you all do when getting tailgated?

Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Default RE: universal sign??

just run the speed limit, let him pass, my friend and i just acutaly had something like this happen, truck came by hit his jacket with its miror, we hung back 2 cars followed him to his house and introduced him to one icon helment and 1 hjc that is how i deal with it, we dont have the power on the road vs. them, but i know i have the power face to face, and usualy **** changes when your looking him or her in the face

Old 09-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, i had a similar thing happend to just not on the interstate. Out by my house which is out in the woods, I pulled on to the highway and got up to speed and a new Yukon was right on top of me. I was doing about 5 over and I know the local county officer lives right down the road and usually patrols this area so I just hold speed and keep cruising. Well as I top the next hillI see the cop in his white ford explorer(police outfitted) setting on the side of the road so I back it down to the speed limit and hold it hoping the cop will see him tailgating. Even better, that idiot passes me on a double yellow peaking a hill right in front of the cop. It was one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed. I laughed about it all the way to my dads house.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:24 AM

Occasionally i have a unfamiliar fellow rider get uncomfortably close to me... I usually just change lanes or tell them to go around me with a little finger wag from back to front. There's not much you can really do about other people. It's almost as if other riders were taught to ride right on the *** of others... weird

Old 09-24-2008, 11:50 AM

i turn around and give them the finger. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-24-2008, 12:15 PM

Whenever Im riding with other bikes I like to stay well spaced apart, so much so that cars pull in between us sometimes. On 2 lane backroads we ride a little closer but I like my space.

If I read LimeGreenMachine correctly he said that a passing truck hit his buddys jacket with the trucks side mirror??? I will assume thats the truth cause I dont know you, but damn thats way, WAY over the line in road behavior for the cage driver, damn near attempted murder. So your saying after that you beat him with your helmets? Expensive weapons.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: glacier_white_F4i

i turn around and give them the finger. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Yeah, that helps.

Just wave them by.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:37 PM

my friend was taking point and i was just behind him, a safe distance of course. no one really likes to fight because i have called out a few people on it and they have apologised. i thought that was kind of strange but its no lie.everyone thinks they are tough just because they are in there car and talk crap but when you confornt them they bitch out. i hate the way people out here in dc/va/md drive! im origanally from fl and traffic is way diff there, i just had to look out for old people. i think us as motorcycle riders makes us better all around drivers, moto and car. most ofus are more attentive and i also think changing gears all the time keeps you focusedmore on the road andmost of us dont tailgatemotorcycles.

Old 09-24-2008, 01:52 PM

is this a sportbike thing?i cant recall having any problems when im on one of my harleys.ill keep a closer eye out and see if i notice anything.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: maldy21

i think us as motorcycle riders makes us better all around drivers, moto and car. most ofus are more attentive and i also think changing gears all the time keeps you focusedmore on the road andmost of us dont tailgatemotorcycles.
agreed

Quick Reply: universal sign??