Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

unfreakinbelievable

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: unfreakinbelievable

yes, i know [sm=ttiwwp.gif]. i'll get pics up as soon as i can. believe me. it was late 05 to early 06 that i wasn't riding, mostly when it was cold. it wasn't long but it felt like forever. it's been about the past 2 mos. that i haven't been able to ride, and with these great days that we keep having it's freakin killing me. but it won't be long now! i didn't even think about the rattle can. but i rode primer grey anyway, looked good enough to me. i kind of want to look into painting stuff myself, but i don't really know where to start. and i'm poor, that's the biggest hinderance. but eventually i'll start doing more myself. but as for now, she's the shiniest dark i've seen in a while. and she's all black baby [sm=vader1.gif]

Old 06-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This better be worth the wait Bro![:@] Congrats!

Old 06-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Shop I used to work at had a custom 71 Honda AN600 car with about 65k invested that we sent to get the motor rebuilt. Dude kept it outside all winter long and sold half the parts on E-bay. Total damage to the car was over 10k, we had to replace all the carpet/leather/vinyl, the 4 15" subs,6 1 farad capsand 2 of the 4 amps. We also had to repo the car, we took a trailer and a set of bolt cutters and stole the dang thing back, because he wouldn't return any calls or tell us what was up. This car is ultra rare btw only 300 71's shipped to the US. So all the parts he sold we had to fab new ones, kinda sucked honestly.
Then he sent us a bill for 4500 bucks!!!!
He didn't even know we had taken the car back for almost a month! His car lock up yard was wide open the whole time. Finally noticed when some kids took his old beater camaro for a joy ride, because he left the keys in it(he thought the yard was locked up.)lol

Me and my bike:
1998 Bought her with the right side rashed and a big hole in the upper fairing from a low speed drop from 2 owners before.
Laid downleft side in January 2000 with 6" of snow on the ground, had ice all over the brakes and theyfroze solidat my first stop sign, bike flipped over front.(Looked coolbut allI could think as I slid on my back was "this is gonna be expensive") Replaced clip-on, clutch handle, shifter and pegs. left it rashed up
Laid downright side august 2002 being a squid and showing off[:@]. Replaced clip-on, brake and pegs, added to the rash
Laid down left side May 2004, Hit a pothole showing off again[:@]. Dented tank, new clutch handle, clip-on, shifter and pegs, yet more lovely rash. Busted Ankle, pipe burn with me wearing shorts, and ripped the palms outta my gloves. Wife took bike away and threatened to sell it.
Me humbled and deciding toride resposibly, finally, especially since the ankle took forever to heal(Wife threatening me helped a lot too.)
Got jacket/pants and a better helmet, and stoppeddoing anything stupid on her, thenWife let me keep it.
07 Finally took the fairing off and started resanding her, gota lot to fix, so I ride her naked/streetfighter style! doesn't look as good though, imo.
I put 14k on her all rashed up. lol