Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Uh oh... Puppy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010 | 03:44 PM

We are looking at adopting a Bull Dog soon. I am uber excited excited about it. We are looking at a special needs one, kind like me special needs (calling myself a ra tard here guys). He is deaf. His name is Buford.

Old 08-09-2010 | 06:41 PM
June 2011 ROTM

I would love to have a bull dog. Buford is a great name

Old 08-11-2010 | 09:09 AM
|

Well Kai is starting to look more like a puppy than a puff of fur

Name:  db7cad93.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  83.5 KB

Name:  ed10e138.jpg
Size:  80.3 KB

Yuen is starting to realize that its going to be some work involved. She had a dog before and swears it came out fine with no training. Kai's breed however is known for being willful, conniving and mischievous. Like me So I've been stressing to Yuen that if she takes a hands off approach with Kai, he'll likely be eating off her plate and will force her to use his dogbowl.

Am getting a bit of info overload on training techniques here. Going to sit in on a puppy training class tonight tho. See what this guy is like (Petco trainer). Will also check out Petsmart's training program.

Old 08-11-2010 | 02:31 PM
June 2011 ROTM

I know the petsmart near me is pretty good. My wife took her dog and it helped some. He was a rottweiler, St. Bernard mix. The dog weighed more than my wife at one point so proper training was important.

Old 08-12-2010 | 09:12 AM

Ok so Buford has been adopted. However, my gf went out with a good friend of hers last night and came home with some interesting news. Her friends mother breeds english bull dogs, with that being said here is the proposition being put in front of me currently. We get a pure bred with the following stipulations 1.) she has to 1 litter 2.) the breeder gets her pick from the litter. She, the breeder, will pay for all the vet bills during pregnancy to include the artificial insemination and the c-section.

What do you guys/women think about it?

Sorry man not trying to jack your thread at all.

Old 08-12-2010 | 09:47 AM
|

Originally Posted by Hoosier1104
Ok so Buford has been adopted. However, my gf went out with a good friend of hers last night and came home with some interesting news. Her friends mother breeds english bull dogs, with that being said here is the proposition being put in front of me currently. We get a pure bred with the following stipulations 1.) she has to 1 litter 2.) the breeder gets her pick from the litter. She, the breeder, will pay for all the vet bills during pregnancy to include the artificial insemination and the c-section.

What do you guys/women think about it?

Sorry man not trying to jack your thread at all.
Ask for the akc registry #s of the puppy's parents. Sounds like she's a legit breeder and will have these prolly framed in gold on her wall

If that checks out and if she's willing to help with dog pregnancy stuff (finding a suitable stud, teaching y'all how to properly prepare) grab it like a brand new 600rr for $600

Old 08-12-2010 | 09:04 PM

Well we got her this afternoon. She is pretty much all brindle and her name is Belle. The AKC paperwork will be here in a few weeks. I will post up a pic or 2 after I snag a few.

Name:  9a58b9b7.jpg
Size:  123.0 KB
Name:  fe18cfa6.jpg
Size:  111.9 KB

Last edited by Hoosier1104; 08-12-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-15-2010 | 03:10 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

SQUEEEE!! Shibas are *awesome* dogs. Plz to be posting millions of pics.

Old 08-15-2010 | 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Am getting a bit of info overload on training techniques here. Going to sit in on a puppy training class tonight tho. See what this guy is like (Petco trainer). Will also check out Petsmart's training program.

IMO the most important thing raising any dog is that it's treated as a dog, not a human. Everything else will come easily if they feel like part of a pack with you as the pack leader.

Be clear and consistent (both of you). It'll want to please you and will learn fast. Love, exercise and discipline in balance, as mentioned before, and you can't go wrong.

Dogs are the coolest animals on earth! I've got four above ground and four under. They've all had a pretty good time I think.

Nice looking pup Mate. Enjoy!!

Old 08-15-2010 | 08:35 PM
|

Well we've got 2 weeks of freedom left. Another $50 at the pet store getting leashes, harness, collar, toys and dog food. A very small bag of dog food to see if he likes it after we transition him from what he's being fed. Interviewing the vet tomorrow.

Gonna chill on the info and just count the days now. Very happy I won the Dog vs Cat argument. Though Yuen keeps mentioning its best to raise a puppy and a kitten together...

Quick Reply: Uh oh... Puppy!