Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Uh-oh...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uh-oh...

Last night, on a whim, I applied for credit online at Route 66 Powersports in Iona, Michigan.

Today I get a phone call telling me that they found a lender to approve me and that all I needed was a co-signer for the first 12 payments (she said I could just make once a week payments for 12 weeks even), and then the lender would re-finance me on my own...

So... Looks like I'm getting a shiney new black 2007 Honda CBR600RR! My girlfriend is going to co-sign and she's beenwanting one too so... looks like we're getting matching CBR's! She's got to make the call tomorrow to give her information but everything looks good!

So, does anyone know how that works with buying out of state? WIll they ship them to my local dealer (prolly at a hefty fee if so), or do I go to pick them up? Wouldn't be a problem if I had to pick them up but I'd prolly need to take a day off of work.

I can't believe it. I think I deserve a new bike. I don't NEED it, that's for sure. But I was looking the other day at my local dealer, and they're a small outfit so they couldn't really offer anything other than a $209/month payment. Powersports is getting it to me for $89/month for the first 24 and then $209 after that. I'll be paying prolly $150 a month anyway so I'm not bothered by it. Hell, I made car payments of $300 before (used even). I've learned, I'm still learning and I apply everything I read/see/hear or feel so I guess that's why I think I deserve anew one more than these other punks who get mommy and daddy to buy brand new having never ridden a bike in their life.

Maybe I'm just rationalizing... I'M FREAKIN' HAPPY MAN! WOOT!

Old 04-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Default RE: Uh-oh...

Congrats man!!! You should come here and buy your bike from me, hahaha. Just kidding man!!! Just make sure you read into the promo deals. Usually they will do like the $89/mon for 24 months, then $209/mon for a year, and then some plans, if not paid off by that year, will jump up to like $279/mon or something insane. Just make sure they explain everything in full. Just look into it, but congrats on the new one man!!!! What you doing with the F3?

Old 04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

thats awsome man ! i love the silver and white (my favorite colors) but i honestly think black is the best choice of color for the 07 600RR ! and i know what you mean. i didnt NEED a new bike but i deserved one! haha and besides think of it this way. when we sell our old bikes usually it is to someone who is getting their 1st bike (atleast in btoh cases when i sold my f3's) so its a win win situation ! so go and get your bike and ride happy ! (and fully geared wouldnt want anyone thinking your a squid out on your new 07 lol j/k)

Old 04-05-2007, 10:49 PM

Awesome! Like D2 said, read the fine print on the promo deals. Buddy of mine got a new bike at like 85 a month for the first year, then 200 or so after that.....at 18% interest! Yowzers!

Old 04-05-2007, 11:04 PM

[sm=happy046.gif]Looks like someones getting new wheels Congrats let us knowshe rides!

Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Retired Moderator

...yeah, you can get f_cked on the *** end of the deal if you are not careful. I've had an engagement ring and a PC go south on me, in regards to financing, because I didn't read the fine print. Either way, kick *** bike, I am envious...post pics soon!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:32 AM

yeah, those deals are great to start with but you have to be careful with them.i bought my banshee on the yamaha card, $109/ month for 24 months at a low interest rate. after 24 months the interest rate doubles, but your payment stays the same due to thelower balance. not a bad deal, really. but one time they recieved one of my payments 2 days late, due to a holiday, and my $150 payment that i made went out the window due to late fees, and my balance actually went up almost $150. they got you by the short and curlies if you miss a beat. stay on your toes and you should be fine.

by the way, congrats on the bikes. i just looked at a black one and the white one in the stealership today. definitelycool rides.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 04-06-2007, 12:42 AM

Congrats...you only live once...

But...yeah...I'd be careful...this is buying from out of state?

What is the shipping charge I wonder....

Old 04-06-2007, 12:50 AM

Bleh...(I'm a Honda fan and all...)...but no ZX-6R's?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:42 AM
Banned

You guys didn't read all the way! Haha...

It's $89/month for the first 24 months at 8%, then for the remainder of the note it's $209/month at 11.9%. I can live with that!

I don't want to get rid of the F3, I have plans for it. I certainly would hate to do it, but if I need to for these bikes (don't see why I would), I would prolly have to sell it. I got the phone call today at work so just about everyone I work with has already offered my $2000 for it, haha. They know how I take care of it and how it spanks the hell out of my buddys' 2000 F4 (all shiney and mint too), and another 1000RR that some weirdo in the internet department rides. In all honesty, and I tell them this all the time, it's not the bike, it's the rider! Haha - anyway, yeah I'm super excited, I just hope everything goes as planned. These things have a habit of containing surprises. I'm guessing they're going to want some cash down - although I made it very clear to the lender on the phone and on the credit app that I didn't want to put any down...

That may be where selling the F3 comes in. I don't want to do it, and I have a bit in savings but I hate to use it on something like a bike... well, I don't hate it, but you know what I mean

Anyways, thanks for the support. I'll definitely post lots of pics of the bikes when we get them. It's gonna be a killer day!

Daddy is gonna be getting some love tonight!