Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

UFC's Ultimate Fighter...

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: UFC's Ultimate Fighter...

I think Pulver might think twice about going to Hawai'i after seeing the replay. Did anyone else notice how B.J. cranked back a little harder after Pulver tapped and just didn't want to let go????

All in all was very impressed with Penn's performance, very disappointed in the TUF finale, but hey Manny was winning the fight till he popped out the shoulder....the rest of the card was decent...nothing too impressive.

Only other thing that kind of irked me was Diaz after he was awarded the contract by Dana, starts complaining about how the UFC treated him badly etc etc....ummmmm didn't they just give you a 6 figure contract????????

Old 06-24-2007, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: F4I06

Only other thing that kind of irked me was Diaz after he was awarded the contract by Dana, starts complaining about how the UFC treated him badly etc etc....ummmmm didn't they just give you a 6 figure contract????????
ummmm, actually, Nate was complaining how UFC treated his brother, Nick. I guess I kinda see where UFC is coming from considering Nick's with Elite XC and Pride now.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: RBrandon

Gray got screwed out of the W, so bad last night! So they call it a no contest yet its the exact same thing that happened in the pete saul? vs scott smith fight where he hit him as he was going down with a rib injury but the still gave the win to scott. I was pretty pissed with that call but, I still think Gray is the ****.
???? How was that the same? Smith didn't come close to tapping out at all. He reacted with a hook and leveled Sell. That's why Scott won.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:34 PM

Agreed he did complain about how they treated his brother, but UFC bought Pride so he still works for the same company.....I see where he's coming from, and think it's a bit crappy that they wouldn't let him back there, makes more sense that the fighter's should be able to have whomever they want in their corners, but still I don't think I would have been complaining too much about it....

Old 06-24-2007, 05:50 PM

^ my bad, I don't think Nick's in Pride any longer afterhe tested positive forthe greenvs Gomi.

Old 06-24-2007, 05:59 PM

Didn't hear about that at all.....maybe that might have played a part in why he wasn't allowed in the corner??

Old 06-24-2007, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: method

Gray got screwed out of the W, so bad last night! So they call it a no contest yet its the exact same thing that happened in the pete saul? vs scott smith fight where he hit him as he was going down with a rib injury but the still gave the win to scott. I was pretty pissed with that call but, I still think Gray is the ****.
???? How was that the same? Smith didn't come close to tapping out at all. He reacted with a hook and leveled Sell. That's why Scott won.
He reacted with a hook as he was falling down and he could not get up, so he could not really continue, if you remember they were both on the ground for minutes before either could recover, so neither fighter could really continue in that fight and scott was still declared the winner? I dont understand how that is different then making someone tapp while you knock yourself out.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: method

He reacted with a hook as he was falling down and he could not get up, so he could not really continue, if you remember they were both on the ground for minutes before either could recover, so neither fighter could really continue in that fight and scott was still declared the winner? I dont understand how that is different then making someone tapp while you knock yourself out.
Sell rocked him and Smith fell back, still on his feet however, Sell went in for the kill and POW Smith levels him and Sell crumbles to the ground seeing stars. Smith never tapped out.

Nonetheless, I think Gray was just trying to convince himself that he wasn't out.

Old 06-24-2007, 07:28 PM

ORIGINAL: F4I06

Didn't hear about that at all.....maybe that might have played a part in why he wasn't allowed in the corner??
Gomi vs Diaz is one of the best fights I have ever seen!!! Check it out.
Diaz tested positive and Pride deducted like 15% I think of his earnings that nite.

Old 06-25-2007, 06:44 PM

Will definitely check it out...thanks