Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ufc 100

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ufc 100

Anyone watch UFC? Anyone get the pay-per-view of UFC 100?

I watch it constantly, almost religiously, love the TV show ultimate fighter and try to keep up with all the fights. Got UFC 100 on Sat night, bad *** night of fights! Hendo shut Bisbing right up, Lesner shut Mir up too! Great stuff!

Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 AM

personally, i don't think mir was the one who needed to be shut up. i think someone is gonna come for lesnar. but, yeah... i was pretty happy that Henderson whooped Bisping

Old 07-13-2009, 10:37 AM

Yeah someone needs to shut Brock up! Maybe Shane Carwin or possibly Fedor?

Old 07-13-2009, 12:12 PM

brock is going to be champ for a long time

Old 07-13-2009, 07:33 PM

I loved the Hendersons fight, knocking out Bisping and then adding another one for good measure. Dan is one of the most laid back quiet people in MMA, and to see him shut the mouth of one the loudest, never shut up MMA fighters was awesome. I just loved that. Its just that much better since Bisping was saying Dan is nothing but an old man and needs to retire... well how's it feel to beat by an old man? hahahaha

personally, i don't think mir was the one who needed to be shut up
Absolutely agree with that statement. Granted, Mir is cocky and smug, but he's been around for a long time and deserves the fight. Brock was a contender for the belt after 2 fights? and one was a loss? that is screwed up. I really wish Mir would put the hurt on him, but Brock is just a brick wall. I just hate Brocks WWE attitude. I think its hurting UFC more than its helping. I really wanted to see Mir beat him again. As far as Brock vs Fedor,..... fedor would win easily. From reading comments by Dana, it looks like he is trying really hard to get Fedor to come to the UFC. He has one more fight with Affliction and then his contract is up.

what about St. Pierre? that fight was awesome. I really thought if anyone could contend with Pierre, it would have been Alves. Great stuff..

The best card of UFC to date...

Last edited by justasquid; 07-14-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Ugh ... I lost 1000G in WoW I bet on that fight ;( I hate **** Lesner so much... You know he has a ***** tattoo on his chest right? /sigh

Old 07-14-2009, 12:38 AM

I really like GSP but i was hoping the fight would have been more exciting. But i guess holding down Alves for three rounds with a torn hamstring isn't too bad.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:51 AM

I really like GSP but i was hoping the fight would have been more exciting. But i guess holding down Alves for three rounds with a torn hamstring isn't too bad
I know what you mean. But watching MMA for a long time now, it seems when you put two of the best fighters together, you get a boring fight. Both fighters are so good, they just equalize each other out. thats why when something good happens like with the Henderson fight, it makes it that much sweeter.

I hate **** Lesner so much... You know he has a ***** tattoo on his chest right
lol. thats funny. I hate the guy too. UFC is only going to get more like sideshow now. They are bringing in Kimbo Slice. UGh. Ah well. At least now I get to watch him get his *** handed to him. Unless they stack the cards for him like Elite XC did.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
At least now I get to watch him get his *** handed to him. Unless they stack the cards for him like Elite XC did.
Even in Elite XC, Petruzelli kicked his *** in 14 seconds and took the fight on short notice.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:53 PM

"I know what you mean. But watching MMA for a long time now, it seems when you put two of the best fighters together, you get a boring fight. Both fighters are so good, they just equalize each other out. thats why when something good happens like with the Henderson fight, it makes it that much sweeter."

Yeah i have noticed that. But when he fought Hughes n Serra they were pretty good fights. I have also noticed that GSP does like a palm-out knuckle wipe on his shorts in fights that he might have some nervousness about. I don't think i saw him do that against Alves.