Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Typical Florida winter day

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Typical Florida winter day

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

But you miss out on all the other fun, sledding, snow-machining, ice racing, ice skating, excellent hunting, snow-ball fights, snow man build-offs, you CAN rig your bike for winter ya know. Just saying, I see all the hoopla about hot and sticky all year round and theres lots to be had for all seasons for fun.
I don't get enough snow for much of that. We had a couple inches, then a heat wave melted it all, an ice storm, that melted off, and now a few more inches yesterday.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in Miami and Fort Myers Beach with my wife during the end of October for a vacation. We really liked it, but the weather sucked. It rained the first 3 days and was cold for the last 3 days with a record low. It was funny, I was walking around in shorts and a t-shirt while everyone was in jeans and a coat.

I live in southern part of Ontario across from Detroit and we are getting hit hard right now. By the end of tonight we should have around 10 inches of snow. Man that sucks!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

I could easily put up with Floridian heat and humidity for a chance to see NASA launches from my deck and munch on a few of fish´s meaty *****...mmm

Especially the night launches, omg awesome.
Was in Orlando years ago and saw a shuttle launch at night from the top of our condo ... spectacular. Lit up the sky in an eerie way and then was just gone ... one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:33 AM

So..all you hot summer people. What do you wear when it's so devastatingly hot outside? T-shirt and shorts? Some special uber-fabric gear?

In Estonia it's not that big of a problem, since we can only ride from april/may - october/november, depending on the crazyness level (we call our summer 3 months of very bad skiing weather). But in Nov my bf and I decided to say bugger off to careers and such and headed off to Thailand. It's almost never below 30C here and sometimes stepping outside feels like a ton of bricks has gently been laid on your shoulders. I wouldn't dare be on a proper bike here, the traffic is crazy (altough roads around here would be so cool to take). But they have millions of scooters/motorbikes without which it is nearly impossible to get around and I do feel utterly vulnerable in only my helmet [:-] + the sunner gloves I took with me just in case.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:45 PM

^^ Well, I don't have to worry about that, but if I did I would look into a seriously vented textile jacket, maybe some shorty vented gloves...and open all the vents on my helmet...

You're right, feeling utterly vulnerable is not good riding, no matter what the temp.