The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Just Typical

Old 10-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Typical

Great day over here. Warm spring day. Too windy for the boat & I have to start work at 3 this arvo. Perfect time to go for a short ride in the hills. after all they're only 5 minutes away. Off I go via the servo for a top up. Ok that's done so up Greenhill road...oh bugger (can I say that??) a couple slow cars. Sit back & wait till it's safe to pass. I'm in no hurry today. Past them & that's it for cars. Turn left up the top past the cold stores, through Ashton, past Marble Hill ruins & down to the city again. Like I said just a quick one. Thought I'd stop & give the bike a quick wash on the way home. Get rid of some of that winter grime. It'll do till I give her a good scrub & polish. Off I go again only to hit a traffic jam for road works. Not problem...I know the back streets. Just typical. More road works only this time the only way through is down a dirt road. Can someone tell me why I bothered to wash my bike???

Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM

Lucky you. It was 80F today, but a cold front is coming down from Canada and we will get snow this weekend.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 PM

That was us last weekend. No snow but a monster cold front straight from the South Pole.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a pride thing - we seem to be a group that prides itself on the neat appearance of our bikes, and not wanting others to think badly of the "old ladies"

As for the road works - that's just Murphy's law old friend.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Banned

I may have to car is dead as of today (been raining for 3 days straight ) and the site I use to diagnose it is haveing issues.
1995 - 2001 (E38) - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

Have to decide tomorrow whether to tow it home or work on it in the parking lot. Pretty sure it's a fuel issue.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:22 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bluebeard
Great day over here. Warm spring day. Too windy for the boat & I have to start work at 3 this arvo. Perfect time to go for a short ride in the hills. after all they're only 5 minutes away. Off I go via the servo for a top up. Ok that's done so up Greenhill road...oh bugger (can I say that??) a couple slow cars. Sit back & wait till it's safe to pass. I'm in no hurry today. Past them & that's it for cars. Turn left up the top past the cold stores, through Ashton, past Marble Hill ruins & down to the city again. Like I said just a quick one. Thought I'd stop & give the bike a quick wash on the way home. Get rid of some of that winter grime. It'll do till I give her a good scrub & polish. Off I go again only to hit a traffic jam for road works. Not problem...I know the back streets. Just typical. More road works only this time the only way through is down a dirt road. Can someone tell me why I bothered to wash my bike???
Love that Bluebeard - remember those roads well! Brings back so many memories.

Look forward to catching up next time I'm over in South Australia in November.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:00 AM

oh bugger (can I say that??)
If you weren't an Oz, probably not but it's
a good English word even in the dick-shun-hairy
and part of the vernacular also not in our **** list so why not LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm 3000km from those roads I know so well Bluebeard - but on the up-side it's a balmy 37 degrees Celsius in Darwin at the moment and I'll be home tomorrow night

Cheers, SB

Old 10-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned

OK, so I take the bike to the car like 2 miles and half way there it downpours and then to fix the car I get on the forums and google labels it an attack site so I can't get any info!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...-ejSR9xH9YIUGA

This is my life!

Old 10-04-2012, 08:33 PM

Your original one still works fine
1995 - 2001 (E38) - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
Maybe it just doesn't like YOU ...LOL

Weather is great here for biking ATM - pity my tyres are shot

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just Typical