Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Two Part question

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Part question

1st part, I'm shopping around for a new bike. Right now I'm on a cbr 1000, thinking of trying a gsxr1000 just because I never had one before,mabye another cbr. Any years or other issues to look out for? I know some of youhave owned them before.

2nd part, after said purchase I will be driving from Seattle WA to Panama City FL. Mabye staying there mabye not. I've got a list of things I'm going to take like plug kit Ipod ect. What would you not go on a long trip without.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Default RE: Two Part question

I just dont want to get down the road and be like **** I should have brought >>>>> with me.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Retired Moderator

Are you riding your bike?!?!?!

Old 11-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i can fully appreciate a persons want/need to upgrade to a bigger or better suting bike but you are already @ a 1krr which makes me wonder if you are actually even really riding it ? i think you need to ask your self why are you bored with your bike ? what about it is making you want to switch it up ?

EDIT: you are on a OLDER 1k cc which is way different then a new 1krr ! **** you would probably be happy with a new 600RR

Old 11-09-2007, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Are you riding your bike?!?!?!
Yes I'm riding my bike

Old 11-09-2007, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

i can fully appreciate a persons want/need to upgrade to a bigger or better suting bike but you are already @ a 1krr which makes me wonder if you are actually even really riding it ? i think you need to ask your self why are you bored with your bike ? what about it is making you want to switch it up ?

EDIT: you are on a OLDER 1k cc which is way different then a new 1krr ! **** you would probably be happy with a new 600RR
The bike I had before this was a 00 Ninja ZX-12R I got this bike on a little craigslist trading action, you would be surprised she pretty punchy had her up to 120 no problem. I've been riding since I was 12 so I've been on one bike or another. The reason I want to move to another bike is the same rese/n I get a new truck every 3 years I get bored, want something new.

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

The bike I had before this was a 00 Ninja ZX-12R I got this bike on a little craigslist trading action, you would be surprised she pretty punchy had her up to 120 no problem. I've been riding since I was 12 so I've been on one bike or another. The reason I want to move to another bike is the same rese/n I get a new truck every 3 years I get bored, want something new.

Retired Moderator

Holy *********, Batman...that is a ride and a half! Props to you, bro [sm=hail.gif]. I would PM Thirgen. He has gone over 100,000 miles and is a true iron man. He could prabably write a book on how to take epic trips . I max out at about 200 miles a day, so I am useless to you. What kind of luggage do you have? Do you have a support vehicle to go with you? I'd say you need tools, jump pack, sleeping gear, rain gear,and a pair of riding shorts to keep your booty comfy. Damn...how many miles is that? Rock on, bro, and keep us posted. DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:37 PM

It's going to be alittle bit till I go, But I like to plan alot (damn all those years in the Army). Luggage is one thing I'm really looking at right now, I'm selling and goodwilling most my stuff just rolling with clothes. I'm thinking a tailbag, I hate tank bags. And I don't really want to sport a back pack 3,500+ miles you know. I'm looking to get a little easyrider action you know, plus you know I'm going to make up with my girl. I figure at the very least I'll have a freaking great ride. You know theres only one reason most men willrocket across the freaking country on a bike love, money and *****. Like they say love makes you do stupid ****.[:@]

Old 11-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Retired Moderator

Vville, don't underestimate the power of the tank bag! You can put your most important things in it:wallet, phone, insurance papers, pen andnotepad, tire pressure gage, map, GPS, iPod, important documents, flashlight, camera,small tool kit, warm socks, batteries, etc. Plus, you will get tired and you can lean yourchest or left arm on in when youneed a break. I got one, and I don't ride without it EVER. Even if I am just going to the store. Like I said...pm Thirdgen, he is the man!!! Godspeed...

Quick Reply: Two Part question