Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Trikes & Goldwings worse than Harleys

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trikes & Goldwings worse than Harleys

I mean atleast most harley guys wave back at me. There is a POW/MIA rally of some sort going on today in my area and i saw about 9 bikes throughout my short trip. Not all at once but broken up into smaller groups. Every one of them was on a straight road with no other cars. Just me in one lane and them heading the opposite way.

The only people to wave back were the 2 cruisers and one passanger on a trike.

Every other person just looked at me like i was breaking up their coffee sipping time, or stopping them from adjusting their heater position.

When i got to the honda shop to get new brake pads there were about 5 Goldwings taking up the parking spots so i parked next to one and when i took my helemt off i said "Nice day to ride huh" to the guy 2 bikes down. He just looked at me like i was stupid. I mean if i looked like a dick or something i could understand but i WAS IN UNIFORM. I dont have shorts, a tanktop and a mowhawk on doing wheelies trying to wave at them. Just kinda shocked me i guess.

Just thought i would share and see if anyone else had a similar experience.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea I try to wave at oncoming riders no matter what there on too, some wave some don't. Those new trikes should have there own class or license as its not a motorcycle. If someone gets there license on a new trike and then go ride a motorcycle because they have the license too - Just seems they would be the ones that will cause a wreck as they weren't used to a motorcycle. just my 2 cents on trikes.

Old 11-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cobra1000rr
yea I try to wave at oncoming riders no matter what there on too, some wave some don't. Those new trikes should have there own class or license as its not a motorcycle. If someone gets there license on a new trike and then go ride a motorcycle because they have the license too - Just seems they would be the ones that will cause a wreck as they weren't used to a motorcycle. just my 2 cents on trikes.
In Canada if you get your motorcycle liceanse on a trike you get a Limited to only trikes license, So if you drive a motorcycle with that licene its the same as driving with no license.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:13 PM

When I wave at others, I WAVE!!! Like a retard!! They are forced to laugh or give me the 5 fingers. Only a few people do nothing. Most harley riders shake their heads and give my 2 fingers (SGM).

Old 11-05-2011, 06:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rarely get a wave from a Goldwing. I figure they forget they're riding a motorcycle and not driving a cage with all the crap they got on em.

But the problem I've had with them off the bike is getting them to shut up! How to ride, how they used to ride "crotch rockets", how they have a son I remind them of, how they got a daughter who's single....

Typical old fart chit

Old 11-05-2011, 09:50 PM

I sort of noticed it too. Almost always another sportbike rider will give me at least a nod. Most of the cruisers around here won't even look at you.

Ironically, while in my mustang, I get thumbs up from harleys all the time. Go figure.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Gold Wing riders seem to have a chip on there shoulder? Maybe it is because they are trying to do the Harley cruiser thing? , but cant afford the Harley ????

Can't afford a harley, Goldwings cost a **** ton more than most Harley's. Don't write Honda's off that cheap Steve.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: profanity removed

Quick Reply: Trikes & Goldwings worse than Harleys