Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tried Not to die, then tried to kill, calmed down!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried Not to die, then tried to kill, calmed down!

I'm a new rider and I've read a lot of posts on here. I can tell that; I think the key, is to get over it and learn your lesson. This may be my lesson as an inexperianced rider, to lean the hard way.

Basically I was at a gas station that had road work being done. The road work has been going on for three weeks and I've been there consistantly for a while to fill up. Anyhow, because of the road and route, they altered the stop locations to try to limit traffic congestion. I looked one way looked the other and seen two cars approaching stop signs seen one stop (and again being here quite a few times before) FIGURED the other would stop. Pulled out and locked her down, almost dumped her to avoid the car. What killed me the most was she continued talking to her person, didn't even know what she did. Which is why I wanted to chase her down and beet her with my helmet. Thank God my bike was in the road!

Bottom line...My Fault! WE as bikers know better. WE should know that they won't stop(even if they do) and WE should know that WE will lose. I forgot those basic principals, because I got comfortable. DONT LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU. Because it may only happen once!

wildcard

Old 05-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Tried Not to die, then tried to kill, calmed down!

Good lesson Wild, like i always assume, everyone on the road is a fn idiot, and usually proves to be right

Old 05-24-2008, 12:34 AM

Yup... you have learned your lesson about others on the road. NEVER TRUST ANYONE. And never think they see you! For warning... your bike will eventually teach you a lesson as it owns you. If you don't respect it.. it will leave you face down in cement.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:37 AM

Lesson are best learned the hard way...please learn from this SITE. TONS of experiance. I'm new and learning quick, guys/gals look up. As I tell all the guys that work with me...cover YOUR a$s! Everyone else will run over it!!!!! And I load bombs for a living, my attention to detail is pretty good, but complacency gets us all!

Wildcard

Old 05-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Never assume because you have made eye contact with an individual that they are wary you're there human eyesight is a very interesting thing. Something in your direct field of vision is less notice then if it is in your peripheral vision, this is a tactic and subject covered to sneak up on combatants and even if they do see unit it does not imply that they will respond correctly and something else I preach constantly. That Most individuals who have been around me for any length of time can complete this statement without me even saying more than the first word. At All Times Be Full Aware of Your Surroundings. Pay Close Attention to Detail, and when I say, be aware of your surroundings it doesn't matter whether you're walking down the street, riding a motorcycle or walking across your own yard make it a lifelong habit

Old 05-24-2008, 12:50 AM

Agreed in more ways than one.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:56 AM

Bye the way, I didn't actually want to kill anyone, but I DID try to turn my bike around and hunt her down to inform her that she almost broke a leg or two on me!!!! Going to post a thread about "Biker Rebutal" soon!

wildcard

Old 05-24-2008, 01:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Wildcard

Bye the way, I didn't actually want to kill anyone, but I DID try to turn my bike around and hunt her down to inform her that she almost broke a leg or two on me!!!! Going to post a thread about "Biker Rebutal" soon!

wildcard
So did she run the stop sign or did you pull out in front of the car? You said in your original post it was your fault so I am not clear on what is going on. Glad you and the bike are good!

Old 05-24-2008, 01:46 AM

It was my fault for not assuming she as retarded. She did infact run through a stop sign and I was at fault for ASSUMING she was going to stop.

wildcard

Old 05-24-2008, 01:48 AM

Ok, I figured that was what you were saying it just didnt read that well. Sometimes it really isnt worth trying to go after somebody because you will be thinking about them and really not pay any attention to what else is going on. Hope that doesnt happen again to you.

Quick Reply: Tried Not to die, then tried to kill, calmed down!