Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Trailers??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailers??

I want to seewhat kind of trailers you guys are whippin.

Im trying to find an enclosed trailer.. 5x8 is fine.. something small and i want to spend less than $1500.. if anyone has any ideas or reccomendations let me know.

thanks.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Default RE: Trailers??

damn i'd love to have a trailer

Old 03-02-2008, 09:47 PM

im getting one soon. its a 5x8 but its not enclosed. they have them at lowes for about 650

Old 03-02-2008, 09:48 PM
VP

I heard of a guy down here who builds open air trailers for between $100-$200 dependig on the materials

Old 03-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Retired Administrator

How many bikes is the trailer for? I've used several and like the open trailers because you can fit more bikes and see them while you're driving.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:58 PM

its for one bike, my 07.. i travel alot and dont want it in the elements if i dont have a garage or storage for a couple of weeks.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:58 PM

Hey vp, where's here? I know thatyou are in GA. I'm gonna be down there in a couple weeks (3/14 through 3/23). I got a brother that lives up in Powder Springs. We're gonna be riding all over. Thats very inexpensive compared to prices up here around our parts.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Retired Administrator

I understand what you mean. With a 5x8, you may be able to squeeze in two bikes.

Just a piece of advise to keep in mind. If you use the tralier for storage at your home. Get house trailer tie downs and bolt that bitch down. I had one of my friends that has a friend (true story) that lost like four bikes and his trailer. He used his 24x8 trailer as a garage to store his toys and some assclown drove up to his house in the middle of the day with his wife at home and took it all. Had a couple of four wheelers and dirt bikes in it, I think. I would find some means of anchoring it and locking it up that would take them a couple of minutes to figure it out.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

I understand what you mean. With a 5x8, you may be able to squeeze in two bikes.

Just a piece of advise to keep in mind. If you use the tralier for storage at your home. Get house trailer tie downs and bolt that bitch down. I had one of my friends that has a friend (true story) that lost like four bikes and his trailer. He used his 24x8 trailer as a garage to store his toys and some assclown drove up to his house in the middle of the day with his wife at home and took it all. Had a couple of four wheelers and dirt bikes in it, I think. I would find some means of anchoring it and locking it up that would take them a couple of minutes to figure it out.
Its crossed my mind...

not sure how im going to approach that yet.

any ideas??

Old 03-02-2008, 10:29 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: Illushun

Hey vp, where's here? I know thatyou are in GA. I'm gonna be down there in a couple weeks (3/14 through 3/23). I got a brother that lives up in Powder Springs. We're gonna be riding all over. Thats very inexpensive compared to prices up here around our parts.
I live in North Atlanta but there's this guy down in Savannah that supposedly does it... i will be glad to try to find out more about if you're really interested...either way hit me up man I'll be ridin as much as I can now that the weather's right

Don C: I think it's a 1 bike trailer but it might be for 2 bikes

Quick Reply: Trailers??