Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tornado Air Management System...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado Air Management System...

OK guys, heres the scoop. I know youve seen it before, late at night on the T.V. with nothing to do, so you watch. Its the tornado. It has been scientifically proven to add HP and increase MPG enough that, in time, it actually does pay for itself. Now, I just ordered one for my pickup (chevy 350 w00t w00t) and my uncles (350 vortec... *** O_o). Now Im wondering (as I always do now) if there would be any noticable gains on my 03 600 rr... If so, what size do I use, and where the hell do I put the thing? I know it wont do me much good if I tape it up to my radiator, no matter HOW cool it would look, its just not right (although, maybe my ram air ducts? hahahahaha [:-] j/k)

anyways, any info would be great,

Thanks, Chris

Old 01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Default RE: Tornado Air Management System...

I have thought about buying one for my truck. I know exactly what mpg my truck gets.... and if it doesnt increase I will send it back for a refund. And for the bike.... it probably wouldn't work the greatest with 4 carbs. I would think it might do more worse than good.... but what do I know... go for it and let me know how it works.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:30 PM
Retired Administrator

A buddy of mine bought and still uses one on his Crown Vic. He bought while he was in Florida on leave (vacation for the non military types and holiday for those of you that talk funny). Anyways... he used it on the way back and said there was a noticeable MPG savings. I'm not here to argue that point just to let you know how/where it connects. It's a small round object that you place in the round section of your air box. We, or at least I don't have any round openings on my air ducts so I don't see hoe it's going to work.

Old 02-03-2006, 01:52 AM

That is what I was thinking too don. I haven't actually taken my bike apart that far (air filter) but I have looked at the ducts all the way down and I couldnt see how I could get it to work. I know its supposed to go in AFTER the filter, otherwise it wouldnt make any sense lol. I dont see a way to situate it where it would help to mix the air and fuel... but hey, I had to try... hp is hp, and so is mpg these days

take it easy,

Chris

Old 02-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Retired Administrator

No problem... there isn't any space after the air box and the throttle bodies to make it work, or at least I don't see any way. I understand the HP part, more is more... but the MPH, we're already getting 30+ mpg. That's better than most cages out there. I've changed my gearing so I'm killing my MPG for torque.

Old 02-03-2006, 03:06 PM

mine too don, lol. Its not that bad though, im still getting anywhere from 37-41, dependin on how bad im killin it :P I was just saying... the way gas prices are going, every little bit does help. If I get the 2-4 mpg increase on anything that I drive/ride daily, it will eventually pay for itself and more...

thanks for the input, I guess Ill just have to get an electro-supercharger hahahaah

Old 02-04-2006, 04:20 AM

oh man sorry to break everyones heart here you all seem to be tornado lovers well as for mpg i dont know what to tell u i have never run one but as far as horse power you will not gain a thing in some cases you will actually lose i am saying this all on fact. i went to uti in 2001 and we had a 100000 dollar lie detector a dyno if u dont know what i am talking about we put that damn thing in 8 differente cars and 5 of them dropped hp i know the commerical has a dyno that is about 1000 years old and u see the needle go up but there is 20 differnte things they could have done to make it do that if your actually saw gas mileage go up good deal but if your expecting hp gains good luck

Old 02-04-2006, 02:50 PM

I think that those are like the throttle body spacers they sell. Most people think they are getting something but they really aren't. They think that no matter what they are getting an increase. I think they are a waste of money. Just my $.02. MOre of a perception then anything.