Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tools at work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tools at work?

No, not your pin-headed co-workers, rather; the objects used in the performance of your professionalduties.
I lumberjack, I use a (Husquvarna) chainsaw, wedges and sledges.

"It's all about the He Said, She said bulls..t"_Limp Bizkit.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tools at work?

CNC Machine programmer - Mazak Integrex IISY. Dual spindle, multi axis, half million dollar CNC Lathe
Several more but that ones my fav

Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ford diesel tech - I use all kinds of different tools, some are specialty tools for whatever engine I happen to be working on. Most of my stuff is Snap-On, Matco, and a few SK and Mac things, but I've got other misc stuff too of various brands. One Snap-On bench style toolbox and one Mac upright toolbox

I also do a/c and electrical work, front end/brakes, ect. I'm certified in everything so when I'm out of diesel work (rare) I just kinda do whatever is left, lol

Old 09-17-2007, 11:17 PM

Golf clubs, ball launch moniter, hitting board and so on, now, those aren't technically considered tools but if I didn't have those items (access to the launch moniter) I'd be SOL at work. When I was installing my frame sliders, the ONLY socket that'd fit in the slider puck was a Snap-On 19mm deep socket. I tried Craftsman, Kobalt, MAC, everything and that Snap-On was the only one that worked, so I decided to puchase a set of Snap-On tools. Whoopdie doo, lol, ^ ^ ^, still not as cool as a CNC machine(s).

Old 09-17-2007, 11:37 PM

standard variety of hand tools, various ladders from 3- 28 feet, 3M dynatel 965 subscriber loop analyzer (measures anything and everything you could possibly want to know about a pair of copper wires), sunrise modular test toolkit (measures anything and everything youd want to know about DSL), tempo sidekick meter (standard copper pair troubleshooting meter, stress, leakage, capacitance, longitudinal balance, blah blah blah), climbing gaffs, i guess thats all the important stuff.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:49 PM

Pen

Old 09-17-2007, 11:49 PM

Journeyman power lineman. Our yard has about 30 or so trucks, mostly bucket trucks and a few radial boom deriks (cranes) I work out of all these trucks now and then. We have large tension stringing machines for pulling conductor over great distances. We service an area of about 500 square km.I still do a fair bit of climming with Buckingham belt and spurs, but just to keep in practice. These days I do more yelling at the aprentices haha j/k I don't yell too much. Here are a couple of pics, they are older but a good example.Name:  ArmChg2.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  17.5 KB

Name:  WFECCuttingOverNewPole.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  102.3 KB

Name:  06-01-ext.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  62.3 KB

Old 09-18-2007, 12:04 AM

TV, DVD Player, Pr0n, and Cash Register /w card swiper

Old 09-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a soon-to-be-the-hell-out-of-there Best Buy Home Theater Pro 3.

Tools: Italian Job on HD DVD, and a $10,000 home theater system put together by myself, which includes........
- 52" Sony XBR4 1080p LCD
- Yamaha RX-V861 HDMI A/V Receiver
- Toshiba HD-A30 HD DVD Player
- DirecTV HD-DVR
- Klipsch Synergy F-3 Tower Speakers
- Klipsch Synergy C-2 Center Speaker
- Klipsch Synergy S-2 Rear Speakers
- Klipsch Synergy 650-watt Subwoofer (2 of them)
- Monster 1000 HDMI, Optical, Subwoofer and speaker wire.

Yep. That's the $10,000 HT system I use at work (and if I bought it all on discount, it wouldn't cost me over $5k. )

Old 09-18-2007, 01:09 AM

i use a pen and some paper and i ussally fall asleep in class, sometimes on ****ty days i have to use a scantron...i aslo have 4 different pairs of cleats i use... (i consider school and soccer my job this semster....)

Quick Reply: Tools at work?