Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

took the test

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: took the test

ORIGINAL: Aken

I feel like buying cones and finding a parking lot to play around in now.
tennis *****, cut em in half.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took the test right as my permit expired...and got 100 out of 100.
Just relax and shoot the breeze with the other riders to relieve some tension..
RB

Old 06-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

ORIGINAL: Todd84

Sell the bike and buy a moped! Seriously! I have seen a few people fail before. I don't get it. You can't go between cones? Maybe get a ninja 250? I know,you think I'm a jerk. I think if you fail you shouldn't be allowed to start on a 600 supersport bike. You apparently have no natural riding ability.
ya you sound like the typical douche bag...and this isn't my "starter bike"

I have been riding this bike for 2 years, a cruiser for a year, and rode dirt bikes for 5-6 years prior to that. just was too nervous

Anyone with that type of experience should be able to do at driving test with their eyes closed..

honestly they are VERY easy I passed mine on a old 1973 Honda CB350 and I had been riding for about 30 min prior to taking the test in my life..

Now I could most likely do it on my CRF50 on one wheel.

I'm not being a d1ck but maybe you had your bike in the garage for 2 years?

Old 06-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Registered Users

i had a week under my belt when i got my licence :-\ never even sat on a bike befor mine was in my driveway

Old 06-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk is so cheap and easy on da net. Remember when I took the MSF (da Judge that it'd be a good ideer after my ticket[8D]) everybody there, 12 peeps, had decent riding experience. All talked a good game but when it came time to do the drills they all had excuses why they hit a cone or put a foot down. Hell, I'll admit the MSF was a tougher course than I'd expected and it's basically designed around the test with a few extra drills in it.

But the way this thread is going I'm waiting for some *** hat to come on and post that they passed the test at 2years old in pampers on a boss hoss.

Geez give the dude a break ... he posted an experience ... prolly a bit embarassing ... let's give some props.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 PM

[sm=yeahsmile.gif]Props [8D]

Old 06-29-2008, 01:21 PM

Your mom is cheap and passed it before the msf was established.

I havent taken a msf course but I had about 6 months under me before I got my license. I really did just jump on my bike (n 250) and just take off (ya I have proof). It was weird but if you've ridden a bicycle then you have the balance part down. I never had problems so I just have people tell me what affects them and I try to recreate it on my bike and see what I can do to help them.

I will say from experence to atleast get your license before riding cause down in tejas its an automatic $300 fine without the M.

No M ticket $300
Speeding warning free
License - $15
Telling the cop that pulled you over you were gonna get your license the next day in freezing *** rain and which you did Priceless.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:18 PM

I thought the test seemed easy until I got up to the line with the cones...they were intimidating, those lil 2 inch talls cones.....but watching people do it if you swing wide your not going to make it...I swung wide on the 3rd cone which is why my back tire hit, but of the 10 ppl that took the test 2 scooters made it through the cones, everyone else either missed the 4th cone, or hit the third cone...I know what to expect next time so no worries. just pissed me off b/c I have been ridign for along time and then fail a simple test that I should be able to do with one hand...

Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 PM

props for at least trying to get your M license. Most people I know dont have the endorsement.

When I took the Harley Rider's Edge course, they supplied a Buell Blast 500. I screwed the double u-turn because I was just too damn top heavy, I weighed 250lbs at the time, not much less than the tiny bike did. I got everything else fine. My lady friend took the course with me and she failed the first time, from being nervous. However, she went back 2 weeks later and got through it with little problems.

She had never ridden a bike before, and I had only ridden a GSXR 1000 one time for about an hour. Nerves can be a real killer with tests.

Just go take it again and you should be cool.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Retired Moderator

I took the course for safety reasons, and so I could just walk up to the counter at the DMV and get my license. I was one of many who had been riding w/o a licenseor w/o a permit. I had a permit, but in Oregon, youcan't ride alone. You have to have a licensed rider on another bike with you at all times. We had two fail out of my group (thank God). I did so well during the training, but when I got to the test, I hit a cone in the cone slalom, and also touched the line on a swerve manoeuver. I did pass, however, but my nerves got me good. Some people deal with pressure better than others, so I think the OP should get some slack.

Quick Reply: took the test