Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

took the test

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: took the test

Yeah work on the slow speed maneuvers a lot! 95% of crashes are at slow speeds. Often taking off at a 90* or in parking lots. Learn to handle it at slow speeds. Being nervous should be no excuse, although we all get that way. Can't be nervous on the street. Take it again and you'll do fine. No worries.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:26 PM

I passed when I took mine. Put my foot down once through the cones. That was it.

I'm 19 and have been riding for 14 years. (Off road mostly, started at age 5)

Overall, a CBR is just a terrible bike to weave cones with. It'll go around a curve at 130mph, but cones at 2 mph... no way.

Don't feel too bad. Being nervous does make you screw up more. I remember when I went to take my practical exam for my pilot's license I botched a landing and had the FAA instructor tell me to settle down. I did fine after that. Take it easy and you should do fine next time.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:08 PM

You failed the herpe test. Damn. Be a man and tell your partner/s, dont be a douche and pass it on.

Other states and their silly riding test. Come here and go around the block and you're good to go.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

ORIGINAL: Todd84

Sell the bike and buy a moped! Seriously! I have seen a few people fail before. I don't get it. You can't go between cones? Maybe get a ninja 250? I know,you think I'm a jerk. I think if you fail you shouldn't be allowed to start on a 600 supersport bike. You apparently have no natural riding ability.
ya you sound like the typical douche bag...and this isn't my "starter bike"

I have been riding this bike for 2 years, a cruiser for a year, and rode dirt bikes for 5-6 years prior to that. just was too nervous
I apologize I was out with a co woker today who got an RR because evryone made fun of him because I suggested he go the 250 route and he was going to. Never rode before not even dirt bikes. I watched him dump it in the parking lot twice and mess up both sides. He should have just got a 250 and I didn't really know your story so I shouldn't have said that. I just got home and read that and got pissed again.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:52 PM

Yes, the bike does factor in with the scoring. I failed my first time a the DMV because I couldn't do the U-turn within the given region. This is what I did, I asked the instructor how many cones I could miss and choose them carefully. So I intentionally missed the one's I knew there was no way in hell that I could make (cone 3 and 5 I believe). And passed...simple as that.

Keep your head up and get back out there.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:04 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I think I need to go take this test just for ****s and giggles and see what everyone is whining about. The CBR is a bad bike for it? Yes, that's right, it's the bike's fault.... A Goldwing filled with bowling ***** could pass a test course.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hit a empty parkinglot n practice, practice, and practice some more. IMO if you can ride at a snails pace you cant ride. If a 100lb chick on a dresser can manuver at a walking pace, figure 8, U turn, etc. We dayum sure can do on a sportbike. +1 on the MSF too, they not only test you but teach you the basic skills needed. Like I said practice every chance ya get in the next two weeks.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL@some of yall saying a crusier can out manuver a sportbike going slow. If so you all need to relearn a few things.

Like I said b4, if you cant ride at -1mph you cant ride at all IMO. Any moroon can go 100mph.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:22 PM

i passed the test after 2 days of riding, i have dirt bike experience, but mostly on the crashing side, 2 wheels on assfault just clicks for me

Old 06-27-2008, 11:34 PM

I've never ridden a motorcycle before, bought a 95 900rr, drove around the subdevision for a day or 2, learned how to shift on this board, went and passed my first time with I think 87%

Quick Reply: took the test