Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

took the test

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default took the test

and failed, put my foot down twice and hit a cone with my back tire[:@]which those damn offset cones are close as hell, wasnt expecting them to be that close, I was doing good until the back tire hit the last cone[:'(] some of the guys only made it through the first two and the vsta guy missed 2 cones completely

but there was a guy there with a hayabusa, he stalled the engine, missed a cone, and put his foot down and passed???
and then another guy on a Vstar missed two cones, put his foot down and stalled and passed????

is there a difference in the size of engines on how many points you get to fail?

kinda lame cause there was another guy there on a 600rr and he failed too, and a woman on a old honda scooter and she failed....but every1 the other 5 people passed

and on a side note its better to miss a cone then put your foot down and then take a chance on running over it(cause that counts as 6 points 3 each) for people that are going to be taking the test just an fyi

I should have passed but I was too nervous, made stupid mistakes, I put my foot down in the u turn for no reason...still kicking myself in the butt over that one. so I have my retest in 2 weeks

Old 06-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: took the test

MSF FTW

Old 06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sell the bike and buy a moped! Seriously! I have seen a few people fail before. I don't get it. You can't go between cones? Maybe get a ninja 250? I know,you think I'm a jerk. I think if you fail you shouldn't be allowed to start on a 600 supersport bike. You apparently have no natural riding ability.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:29 PM

you've been riding for awhile haven't you?

Old 06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
July 2008 ROTM

1200 posts.... your motorcycle in avatar and signature.... obviously been around for a while....

...and you're failing riding tests? LOL

Old 06-27-2008, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Todd84

Sell the bike and buy a moped! Seriously! I have seen a few people fail before. I don't get it. You can't go between cones? Maybe get a ninja 250? I know,you think I'm a jerk. I think if you fail you shouldn't be allowed to start on a 600 supersport bike. You apparently have no natural riding ability.
ya you sound like the typical douche bag...and this isn't my "starter bike"

I have been riding this bike for 2 years, a cruiser for a year, and rode dirt bikes for 5-6 years prior to that. just was too nervous

Old 06-27-2008, 04:08 PM

I went a few days after work to practice the cones before I took mine. Three people out of seven passed the day I took it. It blew my mind when I made it throught the cones without hitting one! A kid on a 600 didnt even make it through half the test. I had the largest bike there.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 PM

Everyone gets "test-itis". Just relax, re-group, and do it again. You didnt pass...BFD...you'll get itbro..... and this will all be a silly memory.

My .02

Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM

no worries.. now you know what to expect and can be more prepared next time.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Target fixation on the cones ... seen otherwise excellent riders stare right at a cone as they run it over. Not a big deal. Practice, practice, practice. Although it's not likely you'll have to dodge cones in the real world, that skill comes in handy with potholes or the unexpected rabbit (no **** ... I had to dodge a rabbit).

I failed my first motorcycle test ... but not the cones. Cop said I went through the trap too fast. 2nd time through I went too fast. 3rd time through I went too fast. FAIL. I told him, "It doesn't do 10mph except to get to 100mph." He did not find it humerous.

Quick Reply: took the test