Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

tonsile infection

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tonsile infection

hey guyz im here trying to survive my tonsils are infected. and swolen. it started like 2 days ago and idk wat to do. i know i have to go to the doctor but i would have to pay cuz i have no insurance. and i dont have the money to pay everything. and getting them removed is like 6k. that's a lot that i don't even have. any help is much appreciated. ima sleep for a wile ill be back later on. i found this article on it http://www.itonsil.com/tonsils_tonsillitis.html

Old 03-13-2009, 04:30 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

James, you really do need to be seen by a doctor for them to test if it's bacterial or virus infection ... if bacterial antibiotics will clear it up, if money really is that tight, take some pain killers and anti inflammatories like IBUPROFEN and hope that your body's own immune system can fight the infection ... drink plenty of fluids and take it easy ...good luck!!

Jules

Old 03-13-2009, 04:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aspirin dissolved in water & gargled will also help with the sore throat. Tonsillitis, had it a when I was a kid, got me out of a lot school, but seriously you can get all sorts of things happening with that type of infection.
Bummer about cost though, sort of makes me appreciate the Aussie health system for urgent stuff (free) although I'm in private medical as well.
At the very least you need some antibiotics to fight the infection, bet your snoring the walls down to.