CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Tires... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/tires-60111/)

Hayden06F4i 02-19-2008 07:32 AM

RE: Tires...

the flat spot could just be from lots of straight line riding, not necessarily burnouts.

kentuckydiesel 02-19-2008 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

the flat spot could just be from lots of straight line riding, not necessarily burnouts.
Yea, but straight line riding doesn't leave rubber all over the swingarm. :)
-Phillip

Hayden06F4i 02-19-2008 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: kentuckydiesel

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

Yea, but straight line riding doesn't leave rubber all over the swingarm. :)
-Phillip

i stand corrected.

my monte carlo used to have rubber lined wheel wells from so many burnouts. there was like an inch solid coating in the wheel well from a couple different sets of tires.

kentuckydiesel 02-24-2008 05:52 PM

Okay, buddy who races reccomends the Diablo Corsas, loves them......but regular diablos look like they might fit the bill better.

I'm also looking at Michelin road 2, pilot, and pilot power.

Suggestions? Expieriences??
This set will probably nevermany ifany track days.
Thanks, Phillip

HAVOC 02-24-2008 06:11 PM

dunlop qualifiers are what i trust when draggin knee in the twisties or lane splittin in traffic [sm=smiley20.gif]

Shinken 02-24-2008 06:21 PM

i've always ran dunlops and never had any problems.

Lrn2Go 02-24-2008 06:25 PM

My Metzler Sprtec M3's work well enough in all types of weather. I've NEVER had any dry weather trouble from these tires, and I ride on them in rain, salty/slick cold weather riding after snow/ice... 0 degrees to 100 degrees. They've done well. I have no complaints yet on the overall tire quality. I'm even getting decent wear out of them with little squaring on the front or rear in about 4.5K miles. (I don't do wheelies or ride super agressive on average, especially since it's gotten cold). I have no complaints so far. They'll see their first track day sometime coming up, that's the only thing I can't report on. Great tire so far, and good stick in all situations! I ride every day to and from work, in all weather.

TK954RR 02-24-2008 08:25 PM

^ + a lot. They handle fine at the track too, they arent race tires by any means but the do fine for me.

FNQuickF2 02-24-2008 08:47 PM

If you're running a 120/70 front and a 180/55 rear, I can check with a buddy of mine who sells race take-offs for 100.00 a pair in excellent condition. Pilots, Qualifiers, and few Diablo's.
RB

Kc31019 02-24-2008 09:43 PM

i checked the stems..that was the firstthing i did..but it wasnt leaking there..then out of now where it is leaking from there...
i know some of those damn fuking neighborhood kids...