Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Time for paint! Opinions?

Old 01-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for paint! Opinions?

Time for paint....general opinions?? Hey guys.....I already mentioned that I dumped my bike...minor damage, but enough to warrant a paint job. Almost every shop quoted me the same, that it wasn't much more to paint the extra undamaged fairings a color of my choice instead of matching up and painting the three damaged ones back to OEM specs...so, I got a few thoughts...
1) black....looks nice...clear-coated it's a bitch to maintaion, but everybody has a shiny black bike, but for good reason...they look great.

2) Solid bright-*** red with white decals.....could be nice, but it's already red and if I'm gonna change it, why not to something totally different, plus, I think it would be one of those either total hit or total miss type things to get the look I'm going for.

3) This sounds crazy but I've seen it a few times and it is killer, one of those gotta see it to appreciate type things. I've seen a few CBRs and R1s with it. It's like a suede black, almost looks like primer but with a slight sheen/satin to it. Just a solid satin semi-flat black, like graphite but darker. I'd compare the finished look of the bikes I've seen done like this as looking like a stealth fighter, just a really mean, all business look. Gives you the option of adding carbon fiber almost anywhere and matching, easy to maintain.

I could go on and on with paint ideas, but trying to stay away from a show/custom crazy looks, those can get really complicated, over-done, tacky and super expensive My tastes prefer a simple clean look. Not a big fan of a million decals and complicated designs. Any thoughts

Old 01-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Default RE: Time for paint! Opinions?

Paint it my favorite color - CLEAR!

Old 01-23-2007, 10:37 PM

Well, I really really dont like red so I wont be going for red. However, I would pick a black or a chrome blue or maybe a mixture of both [thats just my opinion]. Whatever you do, go with a House of Kolor paint or PPG, you WILL NOT be disappointed, I promise you that. The Saleen black Yammy has I think is sharp, but I like regular gloss black better, but, like you said, and I know and am tell you, it kind of sucks to maintain and you have to be careful cleaning it and not to scratch it. But, good luck with whatever you choose.!!!! Black and Blue would be HOT!

Old 01-23-2007, 10:44 PM

Black does look good. It's hard to maintain, but if you do, it looks good. But I've been that route with a previous bike, and it's a LOT of work. Plus, like you said, everybody has a black bike.

So, of your choices listed above, I would go with #2. My opinion. If I were you and had started this thread, I would've made it a poll if you want to keep track.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:49 PM

No opinions on the suede?

Old 01-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about something like this?
Name:  DSC00464.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  90.4 KB j/k!!!!

Old 01-23-2007, 11:24 PM

LOL!! That looks extremely comfortable!

Old 01-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Registered Users

Check out these guys....lots of paint ideas to choose from.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: kodiak1122

How about something like this?
j/k!!!!
Do you suppose he has to water and mow that thing every week??

Old 01-24-2007, 12:01 AM

Cha cha chia bike! Dig it. But I kill the wifes plants in the house so that set-up wouldn't last at my place. Google "stealth honda on google images and you'll see what I think is an awesome looking bike. I'd put subtle pin-striping on it though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time for paint! Opinions?