Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

the..."Tiki Bar"...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default the..."Tiki Bar"...

so there is this bar about 5 miles from my house called the "Tiki Bar". it sits on a penninsula (called Solomons Island...dont ask me...). its kind of a touristy place but us locals cant seem to figure out why.....i guess just because for atleast HALF of the year its a quiet, mellow, laidback waterfront place w/ a boardwalk and shops.

well tonight was the Tiki Bar's opening night. when they open for the summer its a big deal. god only knows.....but for some reason people actually come out of state to come to this bar. apperantly its very popular, i havent figured out exactly why though. on their opening weekend they actually make enough money those two nights (Fri. and Sat.) to stay open the rest of the year.

let me now begin telling you why i wish this place would burn to the ground........

its the cause of so much **** around here. when this place opens the quiet, mellow "island" becomes a haven for drunk ********, drunk DRIVERS, vandalism, yada yada. i have nothing necessarily against the bar i guess......more so the ******** that cant control themselves and visit it. the police force around here is THICK once the hellhole opens. you cant go 1/2 mile w/o seeing cop cars on the side of the road, check points galore, and they even disguise themselves on the "island" as bums and what not to catch people w/ open containers where they shouldnt have them.

well tonight i went riding w/ a friend, his g/f (on back of his bike) and my g/f on her F4i. cops were everywhere you looked, you are riding w/ a fear of who's drunk around you and trying to make it home w/o getting pulled over. well, before heading out to ride w/ them i get a call from a friend of mine, leaving me a voicemail asking if i was ok.........he heard there was a bike accident and knows im on my bike damn near 24/7. i returned the call letting him know i was fine and sent txt's to all my friends who ride to make sure they were all safe and sound. come to find out a guy on a GSX-R 1000 was doing triple digits and went into a ditch probably about 4 miles from my house. a friend of mine stopped to see what was going on and said the guy was capable of moving around but was still being loaded into an ambulance. this guy........i guarentee you, had just left the hellhole Tiki Bar.

as me and my g/f split ways w/ my friend, to head home.....we come around a turn to see emergency lights galore. as we creep by being nosy, we see firemen and police looking around in some trees infront of a home. when i left my g/f's house i saw what appeared to be a mangled motorcycle (do NOT quote me on that, it was dark but thats what i could make of it). i askeda fireman if it infact was a motorcycle accident and he told me he could not give me any info on what was going on. as i passed i saw what looked to be a tarp on the ground aswell....possibly covering a body.

im not blaming the bar, necessarily.......i just wish they would close the f*cking place down. it breeds so much **** in this area for the entire summer. i promise you could look up statistics and i bet you'd find that when the bar is opened during summer.....DUI's and DWI's are through the roof. im also not against drinking, hell i like beer/liquor but some people need to know their limits. as i rode near the island to meet up w/ my friend earlier.....you could see a sea of drunks walking up the road, too drunk to drive.......looking like zombies.

i'll stop bitching now. just irritates me to see so much **** happening in what normally is a great area/place to live.

the bar needs to be close. <----------thats a period!

Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Default RE: the..."Tiki Bar"...

well, the accident i drove past on my way home, i found out today WAS a motorcycle accident. thats two just that day that the bar opened.

its a looooooong straight stretch just before my g/f's house, then a gradual right hand turn. im going to assume he was hauling *** down the straight stretch and was going too fast to negotiate the turn, not to mention that it was a hot humid day and it cooled considerably that night. which makes the tar snakes on the road sorta slick.

the worst part, he took his g/f for her last ride too. they both had tiki bar stamps on their hands.....which means they had been drinking.

sad stuff.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a shame.
I dont have a place like that around me. But I can see where youre coming from.
Some prople are just idiots. And dont give a rats *** about themselves or other people.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:37 PM

thats sad..i wished people would just go to the store and buy there alcohol and drink at home..sad way to go.. RIP.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:32 AM

You're absolutely right Jason, the Tiki Bar only breeds mayhem and vandalism... It's a shame that the entire police force from three neighboring counties have to be out patrolling this whole weekend to attempt to save some lives... idk... it should be closed.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:59 AM

Yeah sounds pretty ridiculous. RIP though but deffinetly not the way I wanna go out.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:18 AM

hell, i dont think the damn place even closes until october or november. gonna be a long summer [>:]

Old 04-20-2008, 04:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have had our pubs/Bars, change their closing times from say 3:30am back to 1:00am, (not that it will make much difference) to try & stop the drop kicks that come to town to party. Wot happens is that many (& I mean many) come here & get **** faced & pour (pun) out of the bars & go berserk, smash shop windows, cars & get into punch ups with each other. Its because the town has this rep that they come from up 100 kays away to get into it. Publicans are crying foul, because they not selling as much booze as they used to, local hot dog guy weeping cause his business is down etc etc. The police unfortunately are going up against a very powerfull lobby group with the pub/club owners & have to try & deal with this every weekend.
Apart from the $$$$$'s it cost's to repair wot these dick wicks do in damages & the fear that the local residents have of the place. Is that these mainly under 25's jump into their supposedly hot cars (doof doof mobiles) & drive home, out of the gourds on booze & ecstasy & whatever (this is despite very severe penalties for doing so). Because I'm with in walking distance to three pubs (lucky me) our street is often the place these "Dudes" use on the way home. We have had the usual fights, burn outs, bottles smashed, cars vandalised & one afternoon these two guys ploughed into the corner house negotiating the corner. Now I'm not against anyone having a good time, if someone wants to get out of it & party, great, I just don't accept that we have to put up with having our legs pissed on while they do it. I could rave on about this all night, its one of my pet peeves. But drunks driving & injuring/killing someone else while their doing it, have no excuse, none. Police should have the authority to blow their friggin brains out on the spot & leave the bodies on the side of the road as an example to the **** heads that think their "Special" and are ok to drive a car when drunk.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:22 AM

i hear exactly what you're saying, pacemaker.

you know how as highschools near prom, the local fire dept. will place a mangled car infront of the school to deture drunk driving? i wish they'd do that down here on Solomons Island. i mean, there ARE checkpoints to even exit the island, but still......i think they should have a mangled up car, AND A MANGLED UP BIKE at the end of the island to possibly help deture people from being f***ing a**hole sh*thead retards and killing innocent people AND themselves.

innocent people such as the family that was awakened at 12:45am saturday morning to the sound of a "crotch rocket" ([:@]) flying down their road and then hearing metal scraping asphalt, then finally hearing it come to a halt against trees in their front yard......only feet from their front door. when me and my g/f rode past the family was outfront. im sure they would have liked to have a peaceful night sleep but were prob. awaken by the above and prob. were the last people to hear the two kids last breath.......sad as that is....its prob. true.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:36 AM

where do you live?
Sounds like this place doesnt know when to shut people off and is only about the $$$...which most bars are like.

i guess that is the nature of the beast. i for one would stay home on those nights if iwere you.