Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tickets....whos got them & for what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tickets....whos got them & for what?

I was coming home from Columbus, OH today and got pulled over going 54 in a 35. Cop gave me a warning! I was happy. I wanna hear some of your close calls or what you got tickets for.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:23 AM

I haven't had any tickets in a long time, but a few years back I did a wheelie with my girl on the back the cop seen it and he was pissed cussing me out the whole time as hes walking towards us. I had no License at that time and no helmets etc, he said i would goto jail and the bike would get towed and my girl would walk, but in the end he let us go. From that point on I got my lic and insurance, been legit ever since. That was one of those young and dumb moves in my life.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:51 AM

I got a ticket for reckless op doing 113 on an entrance ramp to the freeway about 4 years ago. Cop did not want to hear about how i was trying to get in front of the semi so i would not get hit. Did not have a license bike was not registered and had a dealer plate on it and no insurance. Gave me a ticket for reckless op no license no registration improper use of a dealer plate. Impounded the bike and left me on the side of the freeway. Lets just say about 1000 dollars later that day i got my bike back. Bike was a 94 vfr750.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:06 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Knock wood...I've been bless not to receive tickets for traffic violation...but as for Class C vehicle...I got my first DUI when I was 20yo...underage drink & DUI...cop was staking out a BAR in a parking lot ...when my friends and I left...it's done deal...cop saw us leaving Bar and it was obvious we were over limit...

Went thru 3 years of crap...AA classes...probation..public work...

Then few years later...got argument with GF, went drinking...speeding 100+....got pull over...2:30am... Nicest CHP ever...he said, I know you've been drinking...now you got two choices....I'll charge you with DUI (to myself, I know it's 2nd offense) or I'll charge you with speeding exceeding 100mph....

Guess which one I took without a doubt!!!

Been clean & sober since...

Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 PM

I have gotten a number of tickets. First one was 3 years ago within 2 weeks of getting my bike for doing a small wheelie, charged with reckless driving, but the hearing officer in that county was related to me so she dropped it.

Next was 90 in a 50 about a month later., but the officer was a good guy and dropped it to a 55 in a 50 so it didnt go on my insurance. The officer told me he had a 2006 cbr 1000rr, he told me he realized I could been going much faster and thanked me for pulling over.

The next ticket was driving with an expired license, this one sucked the most. Got pulled over doing 44 in a 40 following a car. The day after my permit expired and had my m class license test the next morning. But the officer didnt seem care.

About a month ago I got my most recent ticket. 80 in a 65. The cop was a nice guy. He gave me an option to sit in on a safe driving class and after he ripped the ticket up. I also have a ride along scheduled with the guy in a few weeks.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Old 10-13-2011, 05:44 PM

Only one major incident, and managed to get it all sorted out.

Out on a friend's private property, he's got a long strip (like 3 miles) of driveway that runs along the front edge of his land, with a ditch, a wire fence, then the interstate on the other side. We were out there doing speed/braking drills, panic stops, cone slaloms, top speed runs, a little stunting. Pretty much a little bit of everything that would be illegal IF it was on a public road.

At the end of the day I go and get on the interstate, not doing anything wrong, and the lights come on behind me. Cop comes out with his hand on his gun, retention strap open, and starts yelling at me to get off the bike and put my hands up. I comply, not wanting to get shot, and assume that he thinks I'm someone else. The cop comes up, handcuffs me, and sits me on the front of his car. Then he starts screaming at me for all of the behavior that I was doing earlier on private land, but he claims I was doing it on the interstate.

After he's written me a STACK (like 10+) tickets and yelled at me for half an hour I very politely ask if I can say something. He seems really taken aback by this and says yes. I proceed to explain that I was on private land off the highway. He calls me a liar and I ask where he saw me from. He responds that he drove by 5 or 6 times on the far(other) side of the interstate from my friend's land. Saw that I was always going by in the other direction and decided to wait for me.

He seems to believe me though, at least a little, and makes a deal with me that he'll do a loop and drive by on the closer side of the highway on the way to the station just to prove me wrong. We go around, he looks over and sees the strip of pavement, the cones still out, the burnt rubber and skid marks, and the HUGE sign my friend has at his gate that says "private property/no trespassing". He turns bright red. When we get back up to my bike he pulls over, lets me out, undoes my handcuffs, rips the stack of tickets in half, says "just so you know, I could still write you up.", gets back in his car and drives away.

I went back to my friend's place the next weekend and helped him build a nice tall privacy fence.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 PM

My ticket was for 62 in a 40. I just left my local dealer, got a new tire on the rear. Pulled out of the lot, and slowly pulled away. About 1/4 mile down the road, I see lights come on behind me. I pull over, the first thing out of the officers mouth was asking me what was with my firearm. I can carry legally here in PA. Turns out he was very anti-gun. Gave me chit over carrying and then slapped the full ticket on me. Only thing he could get me for was speeding, everything else, including my firearm was legit. Didn't cut me any slack at all. 4 points.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No tickets, no warnings.... Never been so much as glanced at while riding

Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My only ticket, in my car or on a bike, came on a Vegas to St. George run. I got clocked at about ~120 in a 75 on the freeway at 7:30 in the morning on a Sunday; this was way out in the desert and almost no one except our crew was around.

I deserved the ticket, but the cop was kind of a jerk. I lawyered up and got it reduced, but it still wasn't cheap.

Quick Reply: Tickets....whos got them & for what?