Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ticket

Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ticket

I was on my way to a muffler shop to see if they could weld my exhast back on. i was leisurly driving as well. Not in the mood for speed. thats when i was apparently doing 60 in a 35.
Anyways the fine comes out to 289.00. Ill fight it. I dont think i was going that fast and i dont think he could have clocked me. The cop was on the far left side of the road facing out across all four lanes. I passed a green truck that was in the left lane and then remained in that lane for a few mins at a stop light. So he would have had to clock me as i was on the right side of the truck.
Anyways once i get passed the stop light i keep going and then hear sirens and see a motorcycle cop pulling me over. He says he clocked me haulin through traffic. He then said i came behind you at the light with my sirens and lights but you didnt hear me. I CALL BS! How am i sitting at a stoplight on a motorcycle and your right behind me ON A MOTORCYCLE and i dont hear or see you?!?!?

anyways he took my info and handed me a ticket. Im going to go see if my speedometer is off tommorow and hopefully it is. If not i guess i just should pay more attention. Owell.

Rant over

Old 04-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Nex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

almost double over the speed limit? I think you would have noticed Also, there is NO WAY you didn't notice a motorcycle cop with lights on behind you! I dunno about you, but I notice ALL other motorcycles on the road no matter what the make/model is, and I'm constantly looking in my mirrors at a stop to see if some cage is about to slam in to me while chatting away on a cellphone.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:38 PM

Im bein serious. lol

I didnt know i was going that fast. I was going to a muffler shop and was on the right street for it but i couldnt find it. If i really was going that fast i had no clue but i wasnt passing cars wicked fast or anything cause the traffic was heavy. When i passed that truck i would be amazed if got to 50. The road is only a 1/2 mile long from where i turned onto it to the stoplight and with heavy traffic i wouldnt be doin 60 and even if i was i would have to be weaving in and out of cars so how would he clock me?

Old 04-14-2010, 02:09 AM

If he knows the distance between 2 points and how long it takes at a given speed with heavy traffic; it is a matter of doing the math really. Even then you would already be at the muffler shop, off your bike and getting it fixed. Cops are smart but not that smart. All the ones I have worked with in the military are really really really really really dense to say the least.

Fight it! I smell something that smells like shart.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:09 AM

If he knows the distance between 2 points and how long it takes at a given speed with heavy traffic; it is a matter of doing the math really. Even then you would already be at the muffler shop, off your bike and getting it fixed. Cops are smart but not that smart. All the ones I have worked with in the military are really really really really really dense to say the least.

Fight it! I smell something that smells like shart.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't matter if the cop knows the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow. It's not admissible in court

Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listen, in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second, right?

Old 04-14-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Listen, in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second, right?
Im not to sure. Ive never looked it up. But i hope i can fight it or get it lowered. I just found out that the area was residental and the fine will double. so 289 X 2 = WAY TO MUCH!!!!! or 578.

But Mr judge thats a new exhaust!!!!

lol

Old 04-14-2010, 02:36 PM

this worked for me a long time ago. take your friend that has the shtty est car to court with you and tell the judge you were following him to the muffler shop that HE (your buddy) knew about. and then say theres no way his 83 ford tempo could even do 60 let alone weave in and out of traffic. lol. and yes that was my buddies car(im not sure the year) and the judge laughed and threw it out. of course i really was following him too.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:37 PM

even a rookie cop has the formulas for both unladen and laden swallows, and with a heartbeat every micro second and blood pressure at max, air temp at 90 deg, humidity at 45% a cop can still write a fat ticket with no remorse....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ticket