Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ticket .. $105.00 10mph over

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket .. $105.00 10mph over

Alrighty.. Im gonna vent now =)

Not really but bet i'll be going to court over this one...

Just came around a curve.. posted 40mph... Im riding along.. doing 40, and then boom speed limit changes to 25mph.. so I let off the throttle and no sooner did i hit 35 I seen the officer sitting on the opposite side of thick hedges... He got me.. 35mph in a 25mph.. But thats not it! ..

As he ran my name and all that jazz.. im sitting there thinking.. what a *****.. could have given me a warning.. I already knew the ticket was coming. Fenton police are harsh on the bikers.. well the ones that drive the sportsbikes...

So here he comes with the ticket...

"You know this is a 105.00 dollar ticket right?" he says to me..
"WHAT?!"
"Your doing 10 over in a school zone" He smiles... HE F'IN SMILES..
"Oh common man... it was 10 over and I was dropping speed.. its a trap there here" I said.
"Clearly posted... You can request a formal hearing... blah blah blah..."
GIVE ME MY DAMN TICKET>.... I didnt say it but boy did I sure wish I could say some things to him right now...

So i'll see his happy ticket given as* in court...

8 years and no tickets... and the ticket 8 years ago was for 10 over on the E-way...

GRRRRRR... 105.00 bucks .. Oh well... I'll pay it if I cant get it reduced.. but its also 2 points on the license now..

Just once I'd like to pull up to him.. Rev her up so high.. but then again.. prolly a 250.00 noise pollution or somethin... Ehhh..

K.. Im done.. LOL..

Old 05-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Default RE: Ticket .. $105.00 10mph over

Ive got one of those traps by my casa too..45 then a 25...within 10 feet of a hill..always one of our finest sitting in the lot just waiting to finalize the monthly quota.One day...i purposely did 15 over the top of the hill..and the look i got..LOL..i think he wanted to pull me over just for spite...In the end...we all get a break..

Old 05-05-2006, 04:40 PM

Do your homework on this one and when you go to court, you will get your fine reduced or dropped altogether. Go back to the scene and get everything down as far as how many feet from one sign to the other was and where the cop car was sitting. Have a diagram drawn up (i did mine in Publisher) and detail everything. Explain it the way you told us on the diagram and be polite to the judge and SMILE at the officer when you walk out the door without paying the fine. It's all in the details, man. Good luck!

Old 05-05-2006, 05:14 PM

take pics of the scene.....i have been pulled over 10 times and have 11 tickets and havent had a single point on my license....wanna knwo why? cuz i fight them all

Old 05-05-2006, 05:39 PM

thanks guys.. Im gonna head back over there in a bit,... camera in pocket...

Just my luck though.. I can almost hear the judge saying "Was the speed limit posted.. Were you indeed exceeding the posted limit... Guilty" lol... oh thats not funny.

grrrr .. yea im gonna try my best. I could see giving me a ticket if I were riding like a fool or intentionally ripping it threw there or something but come'on.

RCKT GRL ... I can you come lend a hand and draw up some of those for me? lol.... and 94CBRF2, Can you represent me.. LOL..

I'll let ya know how it goes .. 5 more days before I can do anything about it.

Old 05-05-2006, 05:48 PM

you go in with anything other then yourself and the judge is gonna be like, "wtf? this guy obviously is gonna fight it and i might actually have to do something......uhhh case dismissed, good day"

Old 05-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I generally say if you're caught speeding just pay the ticket, but this one I'd fight. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Tre CBRF4I

"You know this is a 105.00 dollar ticket right?" he says to me..

Wow, where do you live? I got pulled over doing 65 in a 55, my ticket was $368.00.
And, before my court date, California changed the speed limit where I was caught
to 65mph. Judge said didn't matter, it was 55 at the time of the citation.
Sure, I was going 65, I admit it. I was in the slow lane getting run over by
cars and trucks doing 75! Why didn't they get pulled over?
Marin County California, home of Law Enforcement ****** of America.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:21 PM

its not the fine that will get you its the points on you're license. just get a lawyer and pay him instead of getting points... its woth the 100-200 for a pro to go in and take care of it for you.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:46 PM

you think $105 is bad?? Try $510!

I was driving down a road with a posted speed limit of 40. I was doing a blazing 44, and happened to be looking the wrong way when I passed a school zone sign for 20. Sure enough, a cop was hiding behind a fence trying to fill quota I'm sure, and got me. I'll be the first to admit that I was guilty, but damn that pissed me off. It was my first time getting pulled over too! And was he kind enough to give me a warning? Nope. The Colorado Springs Police Department must need a new fridge or something, because as far as I'm concerned, speeding tickets are pretty much a legalized version of thievery. So now, being only 17, my insurance rates are going to be pretty much unpayable because I accidently missed a sign and some cop wanted to be an *******. Plus the ticket wiped out over 1/3 of my personal savings account and got me 3 points on my license after my court appearence. Gee, thanks Mr. Cop.

Oh, and another thing. When I drove back down the very same road no more than 5 minutes later, the school zone sign wasn't even flashing. Ugh.

Quick Reply: Ticket .. $105.00 10mph over