Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thoughts about a career change

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any other ideas for me?? I have: high school diploma, Indiana cosmetology license, 2 years of college with nursing concentration. I didn't graduate, but I took math, english, psych, soc, food and nutrition, organic chemistry, med term, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and probably some other courses I forgot about. I'm fairly computer literate: familiar with word, powerpoint, etc. If I need help familiarizing with excel, I heard my bf's mom is very proficient at it.

Have experience cash-handling. All my jobs have been "people jobs." Worked in a sit down restaurant over 3 years as my first job and did just about everything there. Was never a line cook, but I did help the prep cook a lot. Weighing fries/fish, scooping butter into little paper cups, scrubbing potatoes, crap like that. I worked at an office supply store for a year in customer service, answering and directing calls, placing customer orders. I helped with UPS. And I made it a point to help in the copy center too and get familiar with those machines and processes. Laminating, putting spiral/plastic binding on books, enlarging copies, etc. I even worked at a "home improvement center" for a lil bit. Meggers has had lots of jobs.

And then hairdressing.. which I love. However, there are a lot of shops folding up, and I'm not sure if I would be busy. I don't have enough clientele to do booth rental or go to a small private salon. And any of my friends know they can call me up at anytime and I'll take care of them cause I'm bored and I love what I do.

I'm scared to drive out of town anymore since gas looks like it's gonna keep going up. I want something secure and it would be nice to be treated fairly. I'm sick of being cast about. If anybody thinks of anything, would be awesome to hear your ideas.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no matter how bad the economy gets stippers always do good ......jus sayn

kidding kidding......

Old 01-18-2011, 03:32 PM

I'm too secret internet fatty to be a stripper. lol And I don't wanna have some sleazy boss suggest I give the dregs of society bjs or have to support a new found blow addiction. haha I dunno though... sounds kinda good. I can't dance but the jugs are a force to be reckoned with. I'm always mesmerized by their pole tricks. Maybe I could find a class somewhere and learn how to dance first. hahahaha

Old 01-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see i knew I could help.....

im sure you'd do jus fine

Old 01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok seriously and still in the stripper theme: "house mom"

Woman that works in higher class strip clubs who does the hair, makeup and sometimes sells clothes to the women. The girls are usually forced to tip her ($10 - $20 per girl) by the house. Some, as I said, sell the strippers outfits / shoes as well.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The USPS is always looking. 30yrs full retirement, same for your local FD.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM

I'm scared mail will become obsolete and I'll lose my job. :-/

Fire dept?

Old 01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by meggers
I'm scared mail will become obsolete and I'll lose my job. :-/

Fire dept?
Packages will always be around and yes, Fire dept.
Some friends of mine did the FD thing. Sleep and work out all day and take a night job or work out all night and go home to sleep and take a day job.

A guy I ski with, retired from the FD and now does roofing. His wife lets him keep his roofing money for skiing and beer money.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Don't you have to pass a memory and a math test for the post office. I can't brain very well with those. hahah

Old 01-18-2011, 05:33 PM

Ooh I could be a park ranger. I found a job listing. Or maybe I could be a cop. Say goodbye to speeding tix forever. That would be exciting.

Quick Reply: Thoughts about a career change