Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

thought for the night

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 02:01 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thought for the night

Here's one for your brother to ponder over

“So great and extraordinary a product of nature is a man who possesses a mind equipped by its original constitution to carry out any project that lies within the reach of human endeavour.” Polybius, The History Book 9, on Hannibal[/align]

Old 11-26-2008, 02:43 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

Axman whatdo you got on your mind for real I hear the weather's not bad out there either on the West Coast how close are you to Marysville
its gonna rain tomorrow but then its back to like 65-70 deg weather. my mind is full of thoughts like this. my mind never stops thinking infact its probably one of my weaknesses is that i over think. and im about 45 min from marysville

how you been HC ? havent talked to you in a minute
You should never considered it a weakness brother

“So great and extraordinary a product of nature is a man who possesses a mind equipped by its original constitution to carry out any project that lies within the reach of human endeavour.” Polybius, The History Book 9, on Hannibal

Sent you a PM earlier

Old 11-26-2008, 04:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wide

Old 11-26-2008, 06:30 AM

Don't start nothing, there won't be nothing. And, You can't argue with the idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:34 PM

The glass is neither half full nor half empty, it it simply twice as big as it needs to be.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My parting shots for tonight: Notes on character
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. [/align]Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)Everyone has the obligation to ponder well his own specific traits of character. He must also regulate them adequately and not wonder whether someone else's traits might suit him better. The more definitely his own a man's character is, the better it fits him. [/align]Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)Without an acquaintance with the rules of propriety, it is impossible for the character to be established. [/align]Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC), The Confucian AnalectsMany a man's reputation would not know his character if they met on the street. [/align]Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. [/align]Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 - 1962), My DayForming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. [/align]Elihu BurrittPersonality can open doors, but only character can keep them open. [/align]Elmer G. LettermanIn attempts to improve your character, know what is in your power and what is beyond it. [/align]Francis Thompson (1859 - 1907)A person reveals his character by nothing so clearly as the joke he resents. [/align]Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)Our character...is an omen of our destiny, and the more integrity we have and keep, the simpler and nobler that destiny is likely to be. [/align]George Santayana (1863 - 1952), "The German Mind: A Philosophical Diagnosis"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. [/align]Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)

Old 11-26-2008, 07:07 PM

Mind like parachute...only work when open.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'Life is just a bowl of All-Bran' : The Small Faces

Old 11-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

In an average day, a four year old child will ask 437 questions.

Quick Reply: thought for the night