Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

thinking about trading

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thinking about trading

well im really thinking about trading the bike for a nice boat but im torn i love my bike but i really want a boat for fishing and skiing,tubing and stuff like that but cant afford to just buy 1 i want so the only option is to trade the bike what do you guys think

Old 06-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thinking about trading

I think the bike costs alot less to operate and is alot more practical. (you'll use it more)

Old 06-22-2008, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: ta8218

I think the bike costs alot less to operate and is alot more practical. (you'll use it more)
i live like half a city block away from a lake so i could use it alot

Old 06-22-2008, 10:54 PM

i love boating and stuff... its definately has to be optimal conditions tho. Biking is really easy to do because its simple. Boating depends on wind, weather, time of year. Too bad you can't have both. If your a good business man you can do the trade and then if you get bored of your boat, go back to a bike. I think i get more pleasure out of a bike because it is kind of an escape sometimes!

Old 06-22-2008, 11:03 PM

I would side on the bike. Most people I know that buy their boats have them setting under covers after 2 years. 1) because it got old or 2) because the maintenance and up keep was tooo expensive.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I can understand where you are comin from i think Pitbull. I grew up fishing, we had a cabin up north and my dad and i would fish every weekend. When i got to 18 my parents were moving to Oregon so i bought their boat from them, i used it all the time, and live only a couple miles from a large river and entrance to great lakes, so just going for a ride is even fun. Well i had to sell it a few years later due to life circumstances, and with that could only have a bike or keep the boat, i chose bike. Now that i am getting older (36 this year) i am really starting to miss havong one more and more as i "settle down". I cant afford both either at this time, but i think in a year or 2 if i cant get my boat again i may sell the bike to get one again. Dont get me wrong i enjoy the bike life, good gas milage, and especially rides with the wife. But we have both been talking about how much we miss rides on the river, and shore lunch fishing trips. Its a real hard choice when you have to pick just one. All i can advise is follow your heart, and choose the one that will net you the greatest enjoyment. I just bought a truck this weekend, one of the reasons is i know i will need it soon to pull a boat, like i said i am in perhaps a similar situation to you. I wish ya the best in whatever ya do tho Pit

Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

I would side on the bike. Most people I know that buy their boats have them setting under covers after 2 years. 1) because it got old or 2) because the maintenance and up keep was tooo expensive.
everyone I know with a boat is exactly like that...they might take it out 3-4 times a year...I like boats, but couldn't trade my bike for one....

Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 AM

yeah its a tough choice but my son is 5 now and he is really into fishing and im just getting into it myself and think its a blast plus being able to tube and all the other stuff and lake michigan is only 15 minutes away too

Old 06-23-2008, 12:33 AM

well you have a son.. that puts a different look on the situation. Family time is always important!

Old 06-23-2008, 02:52 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: pitbull#1

well im really thinking about trading the bike for a nice boat but im torn i love my bike but i really want a boat for fishing and skiing,tubing and stuff like that but cant afford to just buy 1 i want so the only option is to trade the bike what do you guys think
you're going to spend 400 dollars just in gas every time you take a boat out terrible gas millage... or you could get a sailboat =p

Quick Reply: thinking about trading