Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

thinkin about sellin the bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinkin about sellin the bike

i was driving home yesterday and saw a motorcycle on the side of the road and some one geting loaded into an amublance. i have had a freind die on a bike but was not there at the time of the accident. that accident really got me thinking and then i saw pictures today of another accident were they rider was in several peices i would post a link but it is very graffic. also i saw a video on this bored of another member posted of another accident. but just that picture of the guy in several peices really got to me and makes me want to sell the bike at this point i dont even care if i loss a lot of money

Old 07-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Default RE: thinkin about sellin the bike

Well, I've been in an accident, and my man has also crashed....it's bound to happen whether it's your fault or someone elses. It's a dangerous sport, but I'm not ready to give it up. If your ready than do what is best for you. Be careful and give it some thought!

Old 07-12-2006, 06:13 PM

Ive been thinking about it too latley. There has been 3 fatal bike accidents within 5 miles from my house in the past 2 weeks. Normally, it wouldn't really bother me but Im gonna be a daddy in 4 months. 3 years ago I was in a bad wreck which I dont know how I survived and after these accidents I decided this could happen to anybody at any time and I want to be alive to know my baby.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:17 PM

You mean motorcycle crashes actually happen!?

Old 07-12-2006, 07:06 PM

listen its not the crash its the hole beeing torn into peaces litterly part that bother me and i have made up my mind im selling it

Old 07-12-2006, 07:09 PM

I should have added a smiley or something, i didnt mean to sound like an ***.

Sorry to hear you have lost your nerve, good luck with whatever and i am sad to see another rider walk away... atleast you are walking away with all your limbs, though.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:20 PM

Every rider at some point has these thoughts. Usually talk themselves out of it.

If you wear your gear, stay completely alert while riding, and only go crazy in a STRAIGHT line or controlled twisties.

Don't ride above your head, and always assume the car(s) next to you will do the worst case scenarios. (Cutting in your land w/o seeing you. Slamming on their brakes. Pulling out in front of you) And be prepared for them to mess up your day. I anticipate every car will TRY to hit me, and it's saved me many times.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:49 PM

Ya black I agree with your last section there. I've always drivin like that. As if every car is an idiot and not paying attention whether in my car or on my bike. Where I drive/ride 90% of the people are just idiots and don't care or pay attention.

Mike

Old 07-12-2006, 07:58 PM

i too have sold my cbr and hung up my lid for now. its the fact that to many stupid people have licenses and dont pay attention to us or others. what did it for me was a cop and his wife where out for a ride and was stopped at a light and got plowed by a guy who fell asleep at the wheel. wife was killed instantly and cop died a day later. this was at 11:00 am. they both had full gear on but made no difference. i just dont want to leave my daughter with no father. maybe a boat will be safer,lol. i still love the sport and miss it much, and hope all of you guys have better luck than i had. stay safe and wear your gear.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:30 PM

well im sure if u saw these pictures it would make u think twice about riding even though the guy was going way increadibly to fast and i dont even go over the speed limit it still just struck a nerve i cant get rid of so the bike has to go. i think when u ride your mind has to be fully focused on the task of riding and with that though in my head i wont be focused so ill be much more dangerus to my self and every one around me. if u guys want i can pm u a link i dont want to post on here becuase of how graffic the pictures are

Quick Reply: thinkin about sellin the bike