Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Think about the image you project...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Think about the image you project...

No offense but having to worry whether a cager is a ***** or whether or not they see me is a welcome concern over freaking out everytime i see a box or bag on the side of the road for fear there might be a roadside bomb in it. You will always find morons on bikes and in cages watch your lane looks for ways out enjoy the ride, and is someone rubs you the wrong way shake it off bro its the nature of the beast. Or you could buy an excursion and look for them on the road tomorrow lol.
Moral of my story lighten up enjoy the ride. I find I get complacent when I'm Pissed.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:37 AM

I actually had a nice 2005 mustang swereve at me because I was blocking my lane so I had room to manuver if i needed... I busted a Uie, followed him home, and left a fatty door ding on his door with a 15lb sledge like 2 weeks later. The ***** is too cheap to get full coverage ins. so he still has the door ding to this day =), and ill bet he has no clue what happened or who did it =P. Skrew idiots, im tired of them, they get whats coming to them. I mind my own business, and if you skrew me, payback is a bitch, and mine is at least 10 times as bad.

Which reminds me, i have to think up a way to payback the lady who works at walmart who was completely beligierant and rude because she stopped ordering so i gave her her total and stored the order in the computer, then she adds a fish and i cant because its "stored". I mean comon, how hard is it to pull forward and complete your order?

Im tired of douche bags, you all should be scalped.

Old 06-16-2007, 01:39 PM

WHO CARES

Your in control of yourself and that's it. Ppl will stunt, run from cops, blaze public roads, lane split, etc... It's going to happen, all you need to concern yourself with is the way you ride. Telling a stunna or a street racer to stop doing that because it gives you a bad image ? They would laugh at you in person, depending on the crowd ya might get your *** beat. Bikers aren't usually the type to care about 'image' at least in my experiences.

There's no track here beside a drag strip and what fun in that ? I'm not into 1/4 miles drags. The only place to get a few thrills is on public roads...

so screw image, ride safe and wear some gear. Know your limits. This is all assuming the person is an avid rider, not a 1000miles per season sunday driver. I really dislike the people i come across with a couple thousand miles on their couple year old bikes. They know it all cause they got the mods, the bling bling polished everything, but 3000miles on the odo in the last 5 years, gimme a ****ing break.

Atleast the guy cutting up traffic with no mirrors knows what the hell he is doing. I saw a thread once about some guy asking how do you see what's behind you when your riding. Anyone with a brain and minimal comfort on a bike would just turn around and look behind them for a second to see whats going on. It's the stupid riders i worry bout, not the ones ruining some 'image'.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:26 AM

Damn Fuze I like what you have to say bro, but don't hold back tell us how you realy feal ha ha

Old 06-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me, well I'll sit the fence. I kind of agree with some of the points, but the fact remains that a lot people have bikes for the bad boy/girl image. Fer, instance mention a harley to someone & they get a mental picture of a fat guy, with a beard wearing a black T-shirt etc......when quite a few people I know that ride them are the most **** retentative conservatives I ever come across. Every TV ad that I ever seen, has portrayed us as social misfits of some kind, even the more humorous ones. It would not matter if you rode a round clean shaven in a suit & tie, had "praise Jesus" stickers all over the back of your helmet. The fact is, the general public see us as trouble, outside the "norms" of polite society, popping mono's & doing burnouts or not. Just a couple of guys walking into a shop carrying helmets can make people nervous.
Was that guy wrong to yell at the guy in the car, and then carve up through traffic, not with safety in mind, but then again he was probably angry & thinks all tin top drives are idiots.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:11 AM

Yup, your on a CBR your image is gone. Drive perfect all you want, it don't matter.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:31 AM

Just a couple of guys walking into a shop carrying helmets can make people nervous.
Imagine 2 of us (myself and a buddy who rides a BMW sport bike) walking into a small country store with our armored jackets on, boots, helmets in hand and both openly carrying handguns (legal without a permit in VA). Of course, in VA, only the misplaced northerners will have a problem with it. The true locals could really care less.

Image aside, each of us can think of ourselves as ambassadors. I'm more recently getting involved in 2nd Amendment rights because of the VT tragedy being used to whittle away at them in VA. So even though I have a permit for concealemnt, I have now begun to openly carry more frequently to serve as an example that not all gun owners/carriers are bad people. I hold doors, be courteous and try to be/look like an upstanding citizen, with a handgun at my side to be that ambassador, even though with most antis that wouldn't matter anyway, but just like one bad incident can turn people away from people who ride motorcycles or own/carry guns, one person setting a positive example can maybe have a few people seeing you in a more positive light. Hell, trying is better than doing nothing at all, even if you think it's useless.

I'm just one of those people who tries not to reduce myself into being a lemming, trying not to fit the mold of any label or stereotype. If you allow yourself to become that which people view you (in a negative light), you've already let them win. By refusing to be categorized that way, you show more dignity while at the same time being a little rebellious against society's perceptions.

Many of you won't agree with me on this, but I don't care. It's how I view things and how I try to be.

Old 06-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm up, w/ freebie...All you jokers that don't care...thanks, for nothing!!!!! I feel... you really have no sense of rider comunity...
this is going to be the end of so much of our freedom, to ride.If you don't give a .... then you really are on of the "dumb *** sportbike riders" that got this going... and will keep it going, till the end... of us. There already talk'n about outlawing liter bikes... any reason ventured???? If we don't show some common sense, maturity... more brains, than God gave a cat... were going to get legislated, right out of the freedom to ride. Is it the responsible...(read, w/ discretion) riders, that will ruin it for all?? no. But if you really don't care... Heck, if I didn't care, backin the day... YOU might not be able to ride ... NOW!!!!!
I remember when alot of us rockers, said "what could be worse "than what we saw as a open no holds barred, progression of music... does jerk'n off on stage, really add to content???... just cause YOU don't give a dam, what you act like??? I'm about as onry, antisocial as it gets... I don't kiss anybody's butt... but I'm sure a heck not stupid, to not realize, pee'n up stream is not the hot setup, in the long run.What man trashes his own future and the future of those to come??? a MORON.
I hate have'n to post this stuff... cause "have at it"Usually, I'm all for ya... but when the actions of a few... have the potential to change my ... so sad... If we don't police our own... they'l gladly do it for us... hear about the chipping of plates??? upliked to satalites... instant ticket in the mail... there considering it. Like all those photo intersections??? How 'bout NO ONE, under 21, gets to ride a bike, then your first couple, on a 250cc, or under??Done that way in many countries already, when are we next???
Wake up!!!!! there's much more at stake here... atleast go screw off away from the public...There not impressed anyway...So I don't have to run around, trying to convince people, that we really are deserve'n of our freedom to be enthusiasts. For THOSE, w/ ears to hear...
Free and clean, Ripp'n