Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Think about the image you project...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007 | 07:25 PM
|
Default Think about the image you project...

about the rest of us when you ride.

I know I may be new to the motorcycling community, but I felt the need to post this.

On my way home from work just now, I was driving down the main street in town, a 30-mph, two-lane road, in the right lane, as I see some guy in a little cruiser coming up and passing everyone on the right (don't forget, I'm in the right-hand lane). So I move over a little to give him some room, but the car in front of me cuts to the right to stop the biker from going past him. So the guy on the bike pulls up along side of him, yells at the guy driving the car for cutting him off, then slows down, cuts ME off to go in the left lane, pulls along side the car again, and shouts something else as he goes flying by. Like I said, this is the main street in town, with a lot of traffic and parks alongside, which means children.

Now, should the biker have been passing people in the same lane as him like that? No.
Should the cager have cut him off? No.
Is that any excuse to be riding the way he was? Definitely not.

The morale of my little story is to of course always ride safe, but in addition, think about how you make the rest of us appear when you do things like this. It may have only been one biker pissing off one driver, but now that one driver is definitely going to resent EVERY motorcycle he encounters from now on.

Sorry for the lecture, but I had to get it off my chest.

Old 06-08-2007 | 08:49 PM
Default RE: Think about the image you project...

We all need to ride safe....that should be our number one priority....

Old 06-08-2007 | 10:09 PM
Mad

I bet that motorcyclist is just as bad in a car. Some people are just jerks all the way around. We all have to be big boys/girls and realize that his actions do not represent all motorcyclists.

Old 06-08-2007 | 11:20 PM
|

i totally agree, i'm just worried that the cagers won't see it that way

Old 06-08-2007 | 11:29 PM

Spend some time reading posts here and you'll see a lot of bad behavior. People doint 140+ (supposedly) or doing wheelies down the freeway. It's VERY common and of course when they get ticketed it's the d!ckhead cop treating them wrongly.

It's sad.

Old 06-15-2007 | 12:30 AM

I hear you and sympathize with you. You're gonna get some rude road behavior from some cagers at times. What I do is try to give a different image of a biker to people on the road. Wave 'Hi'to the cagers in the cars when you come to a stoplight (caution -that might not work in someplaces, though.) Give them courtesy by waving them in your lane and giving them extra extra room when you know they want to switch there. Sometimescagers aren't cutting you off, they plainly just don't see you at all, becauseyou're in their blindspot,ordidn't bother to look at all. But even then, it doesn't give you the right to yell them down. They can easilyturn into road rage, just because they're in a fowl mood that day, and swerveto run you off the road afterwards. Share the road.... there's no other alternative. =D

p.s. Here's another one...try being silly at a stoplight, since youhave time there.Pretend tobe a monkey, scratching under your arms or raise one handup in the air, then stop and look around to see if anyone's watching.
1) You'll probably catch them off guard, but still make their day, because they'll laugh at you.
2) They'll surely know you're there on the road by them.
3) Some cute chick might get out or her cage and hand you her number because she wants a guy with a great sense of humor who can make her laugh.
Ok, that's kind of a stretch on that last one!

Old 06-15-2007 | 12:17 PM

ide think negativly about a group of people if i knew they COULD beat 95% of cars on the road and i didnt have one. theyre just jealous they dont have a shiny toy to ride

Old 06-15-2007 | 12:37 PM

.....act like a monkey. Good One.

Old 06-16-2007 | 01:49 AM

no offense dude, but **** this thread. being concerned with the way someone else is riding because of the image it projects on YOU? seriously what is this high school. be concerned with their safety or dont be concerned at all. i do wheelies and run from the cops, flame me. sorry, it must be my fault that people think anyone on two wheels means trouble. the reality of it is that society still considers it to be taboo in a sense and whoever is riding must be some kind of troublemaker. if someones riding like a dumbass, either be concerned for everyones safety, or just smile and think "dumbass" when they go down. my ***** itch im goin to sleep.

Old 06-16-2007 | 02:09 AM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

no offense dude, but **** this thread. being concerned with the way someone else is riding because of the image it projects on YOU? seriously what is this high school. be concerned with their safety or dont be concerned at all. i do wheelies and run from the cops, flame me. sorry, it must be my fault that people think anyone on two wheels means trouble. the reality of it is that society still considers it to be taboo in a sense and whoever is riding must be some kind of troublemaker. if someones riding like a dumbass, either be concerned for everyones safety, or just smile and think "dumbass" when they go down. my ***** itch im goin to sleep.
it could be one of those ***** that didnt get cockblocked.....Crabs anyone!?

Quick Reply: Think about the image you project...