Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

This thing popped up in my parking garage over night

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The linkage is very sophisticated, have been told by a guy who owns one that they lean very well. Only issue is when your turning really slowly as you feel a slight drop as it goes to the other wheel can be a a bit disconcerting (like its going to slip) until you get used to it. He has a 500cc & he reckons it goes like stink. I reckon they make a perfect city hoon machine & you never have to put your foot down. You may think their ugly, but their advertising certainly isn't.
Name:  Piaggio004.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  136.5 KB

Last edited by pacemaker; 05-19-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You would buy a bucket of lard with a hair in it if she was selling it.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JHouse
Where's "over here". I see the OP is in Hawaii.

This is exactly what the Stossel book in my signature is about. Gov't makes a new rule, just because they and probably because they can't spend ALL day sleeping or at lunch or on break, and what happens? Unintended wasteful/adverse/inefficient/expensive/ugly/painful/destructive...... consequences. They have to understand that no one can ever see what's coming, so the central planning has to stop. Just stop screwing with us. The fewer bureaucrats the better, because they just can't help it. (rant)
"Over here" is Europe (The Netherlands to be specific). I don't think having two separate licenses is that strange and I understand that if you have a car license but not a bike license you can't ride a bike. It is quite expensive though but that insures that if you do get your license, you are capable enough to handle a car/bike (capable enough to pass the test that is. How some of those blind retards got their license I have no idea!). It's not just a "Turn left here, park. You're done" type of test either.

However, I don't understand that with just a bike license I can't ride a Spyder even though it has more in common with a bike than a car (as far as controls go).

Old 05-20-2011, 04:37 PM

I noticed recently the camam adds have started saying "now you can take you motorcycle riding test on a cam am..."

but it looks like it would be perfect for a starwars nerd who cant affored a car or to move out of thire parents basement

Old 05-21-2011, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
"Over here" is Europe (The Netherlands to be specific). I don't think having two separate licenses is that strange and I understand that if you have a car license but not a bike license you can't ride a bike. It is quite expensive though but that insures that if you do get your license, you are capable enough to handle a car/bike (capable enough to pass the test that is. How some of those blind retards got their license I have no idea!). It's not just a "Turn left here, park. You're done" type of test either.

However, I don't understand that with just a bike license I can't ride a Spyder even though it has more in common with a bike than a car (as far as controls go).
Over here (ha) I don't thing it's a two license deal. I don't think you can get a motorcycle only license. You get a car license like everyone does, usually on their 16th birthday (first opportunity) and then you take an additional test to get motorcycle qualified.

Still, I doubt that entire process does a whit about safety. I still feel on the same level as my dog, needing a license. You have to drive illegal to learn how to drive on a bike (no learners permits) and then when you are good enough to pass the test, you take it. So what's the point of the test, if you had to learn on the road anyway. Just red tape and money collection.